Penmans Benefit Society Minutes Book, 1911 - 1919
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This minute book documents the meeting of the Penmans Limited Benefit Society, a worker-operated benefit society which provided for the medical expenses of its members. It was operated by employees of the Penmans Limited clothing company's mills, and provided for employees of the Penmans and Watson's mills in Paris and Brantford. The Society operated from about 1911 to 1918.
- Many items have been pasted into this book; they are represented here as accurately as possible. Pages 35 to 102 are blank and have been omitted in this online edition.
In addition to the statements pasted into the book, it contained numerous inserts which are now housed separately, such as annual statements. Those are included after the pages of the book itself, with a note as to their original positioning if relevant.
- Walker Press
- Place of Publication
- Paris, Ontario
- Date of Publication
- Local identifier
- 1999.7044.01 - 12
- Penmans Employee Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.2 Longitude: -80.38333
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Penmans Benefit Society Minutes Book, 1919, Penmans Employee Collection, 1999.7044.01 - 12, Paris Museum and Historical Society
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit “Paris Museum and Historical Society.”
- Paris Museum and Historical SocietyEmail
Agency street/mail address
Paris Museum and Historical Society
51 William Street, Paris, ON