Norman Hamilton Account Book, 1834-1867
- Hamilton, Norman, Author
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This account book, or ledger, documents the business of Norman Hamilton, one of the earliest prominent businessmen in Paris alongside Hiram Capron. Hamilton operated a grist-mill, plaster mill, and a booming whiskey business. His business affairs are documented in this ledger. Its contents span the years from 1834 through 1867.
A later ledger by Hamilton, covering the years 1850 through 1874, is also in this collection and is linked to on the right.
The annotations by Roger Sharpe provide background information on this ledger, as well as several other Hiram Capron ledgers. These annotations are reproduced with permission and are copyrighted. Republication of these notes requires the author's permission.
- There is a small error in the page numbering in this ledger. There are two pages labeled 102 and 103. This error has been preserved in this online edition.
- Date of Original
- Local identifier
- Hiram Capron Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.2 Longitude: -80.38333
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Norman Hamilton Account Book, 1867, Hiram Capron Collection, 1999.2106.01, Paris Museum and Historical Society
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit “Paris Museum and Historical Society.”
- Paris Museum and Historical SocietyEmail
Agency street/mail address
Paris Museum and Historical Society
51 William Street, Paris, ON