Patent assignment from Robert M. Appleton to William W. Clay, 1883
- Appleton, Robert M., Author
Clay, William W., Author
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This 1883 document assigns the rights to a patent held by Robert M. Appleton to William W. Clay, one of the operators of the Paris Clay & McCosh knitting mills.
Appleton, from New Hampshire, owned the American patent on an invention known as "Appleton's Improved Under Shirt;" he agreed to sell the exclusive rights to use of that patent in Canada to Clay in return for $1000.
It carries a stamp from the Patent Office of Canada dated January 8, 1884.
- Date of Original:
- 26 Dec. 1883
- Local identifier:
- Jayme Frazee-Wright Collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Property of Jayme Frazee-Wright
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
County of Brant Public Library
Agency street/mail address
County of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary