Deed between Philip W.J. Havill and the Canada Permanent Building & Savings Society, 1873
- Chamberlain, Charles, Author
Chamberlain, Rose, Author
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This deed documents the sale of a plot of land to David W.J. Havill from the Canada Permanent Building & Savings Society.
Charles and Rose Chamberlain had originally contracted a mortgage for $400 on their property in 1869, but defaulted on their payments and the land was put up for auction. No suitable bidder was found, but the Society later contracted with Havill to sell him the property for $575.
The land in question is by lot 7 on the East side of the Grand River; a more detailed description is contained on page 2.
- Date of Original:
- 20 Jun. 1873
- Local identifier:
- Jayme Frazee-Wright Collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Property of Jayme Frazee-Wright
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
County of Brant Public Library
Agency street/mail address
County of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary