Hiram Capron Account Book, 1841-1847
- Capron, Hiram, Author
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This account book documents Capron’s business dealings during the period of 1841 – 1847, with some entries as late as 1850. The bulk of the book contains the names of individuals to whom Capron had paid money or goods for services, or lent money, and lists of their transactions with him. It also tracks transactions by date. This provides a detailed account of how involved Capron was with the town’s financial development at the time.
The annotations by Roger Sharpe provide background information on this ledger, as well as several other Hiram Capron ledgers. These annotations are reproduced with permission and are copyrighted. Republication of these notes requires the author's permission.
- The page numbering is irregular in the original ledger. Eccentricities in the numbering have been conserved in this online edition.
The obscured text on page 171 is "19 1/2 paid".
- Date of Original
- Local identifier
- Hiram Capron Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.2 Longitude: -80.38333
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Hiram Capron Account Book, 1841-1847, 1850, Hiram Capron Collection, 1999.2000.01, Paris Museum and Historical Society
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit “Paris Museum and Historical Society.”
- Paris Museum and Historical SocietyEmail
Agency street/mail address
Paris Museum and Historical Society
51 William Street, Paris, ON