Paris Fire Brigade Steamer, 1878
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This photograph shows the Paris fire brigade's steam-powered fire engine in 1878. This was the first mechanical water-pumping engine used in Paris, and was the subject of some great interest when it was first purchased in 1877.
This image was printed on page 123 of At the Forks of the Grand: Volume I by D. A. Smith.
- Date of Original
Width: 19 cm
Height: 8.7 cm
- Local identifier
- 2009.0062.01, Page 72B, Photo 2
- D.A. Smith Photograph Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.2 Longitude: -80.38333
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Paris Fire Brigade Steamer, 1878, D.A. Smith Photograph Collection, 2009.0062.01, Page 72B, Photo 2, Paris Museum and Historical Society
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit “Paris Museum and Historical Society.”
- Paris Museum and Historical SocietyEmail
Agency street/mail address
Paris Museum and Historical Society
51 William Street, Paris, ON