View of Grand River with Willow Street Raceway and Grand River Dam, c. 1860
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This photograph shows a view of the Grand River in Paris, c. 1860, looking south from the railway bridge. The section to the left is the Willow Street raceway that powered numerous businesses, most prominently Penmans Nos. 2 and 3 Mills. The dam is visible in the foreground.
This image was printed on page 240 of At the Forks of the Grand: Volume I by D. A. Smith.
- Date of Original
- [ca. 1860]
Width: 10.4 cm
Height: 5.3 cm
- Local identifier
- 2009.0062.01 Page 3A, Photo 2
- D.A. Smith Photograph Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1968074994328 Longitude: -80.3826713562012
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- View of Grand River with Willow Street Raceway and Grand River Dam, [ca. 1860], D.A. Smith Photograph Collection, 2009.0062.01 Page 3A, Photo 2, Paris Museum and Historical Society
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit “Paris Museum and Historical Society.”
- Paris Museum and Historical SocietyEmail
Agency street/mail address
Paris Museum and Historical Society
51 William Street, Paris, ON