Paris's First Seven World War I Volunteers about to leave for Brantford, 1914
- Unknown, Photographer
- Brown, William A., Editor
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This photograph shows Paris's first seven World War I volunteers about to leave for Brantford in August, 1914. The send-off took place at William and Willow Streets.
The volunteers are: Napoleon Larin, Aylmer Fraser, Sergeant A. E. Cullum, Patrick Fitzpatrick, Ivor Murray, William Mears, Sinclair Knill.
This image was printed on the forty-fourth page of photographs in At the Forks of the Grand: Volume II by D. A. Smith.
- The original matting provides a date of August 23. D.A. Smith provides a date of August 26.
- Remember Paris Aug 1914
(On original matting)
Some of the first Paris volunteers, First World War, Aguust, 1914.
Copied and enlarged by Wm. Brown.
- Date of Original
- Aug. 1914
Width: 22.5 cm
Height: 13.6 cm
- Local identifier
- D.A. Smith Photograph Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.194908 Longitude: -80.379427
- Recommended Citation
- Paris's First Seven World War I Volunteers about to leave for Brantford, 1914, D.A. Smith Photograph Collection, 1999.1757.01, Paris Museum and Historical Society
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit “Paris Museum and Historical Society.”
- Paris Museum and Historical SocietyEmail
Agency street/mail address
Paris Museum and Historical Society
51 William Street, Paris, ON