Paris Public Library, c. 1910
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This photograph depicts Paris's public library circa 1910. The library was originally built in 1903, and stayed in this form until it was renovated in 1995. The skylight depicted no longer exists and was removed in the 1970s. There is now a second floor above where it was located. The original entrance facing onto William Street is visible to the right of the oval window.
This image was printed on the forty-third page of photographs in At the Forks of the Grand: Volume II by D. A. Smith. It is also currently being used as a postcard available at branches of the County of Brant Public Library.
Paris Public Library
Built in 1903
Picture taken before 1910.
Notice treatment of pillars in renovation. One pillar (fake) resting on old desk removed.
- Date of Original
- [c. 1910]
Width: 24.5 cm
Height: 19 cm
- Local identifier
- D.A. Smith Photograph Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1936553961974 Longitude: -80.3860375285149
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Paris Public Library, [ca. 1910], D.A. Smith Photograph Collection, 1999.0092.01, Paris Museum and Historical Society
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit “Paris Museum and Historical Society.”
- Paris Museum and Historical SocietyEmail
Agency street/mail address
Paris Museum and Historical Society
51 William Street, Paris, ON