Paris Old Boys' and Old Girls' Fountain, Grand River Street N
- Unknown, Photographer
- Vanstone, Don, Editor
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Fountain that until c. 1962 stood on Grand River St. N., in front of the post office. In 1905, during the re-union, the Paris Old Boys and Old Girls contributed $1500 to place a fountain in front of the post office. It was erected in 1912. On the roadway side were two troughs -- the upper for horses and the lower for dogs. On the other side was a fountain for Parisians.
(Description from original matting)
This image was printed on the forty-first page of photographs in At the Forks of the Grand: Volume II by D. A. Smith.
- The fountain depicted in this photograph stood from 1912 to roughly 1962. The photograph appears to have been taken earlier during this time period.
The original matting notes that the project under which the original photograph was enlarged was celebrating the bicentennial of Ontario, which indicates that the copy scanned was produced circa 1984.
- PARIS OLD BOYS' FOUNTAIN
(On original matting)
This project has received financial assistance from the Department of the Secretary of State of Canada to mark the Bicentennial of Ontario.
PDHS CAMERA CLUB
Width: 18.2 cm
Height: 23.1 cm
- Local identifier
- D.A. Smith Photograph Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.2 Longitude: -80.38333
- Recommended Citation
- Paris Old Boys' and Old Girls' Fountain, Grand River Street N, 19[??], D.A. Smith Photograph Collection, 1999.2990.01, Paris Museum and Historical Society
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit “Paris Museum and Historical Society.”
- Paris Museum and Historical SocietyEmail
Agency street/mail address
Paris Museum and Historical Society
51 William Street, Paris, ON