Willow Street Millrace, Paris, ON
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This Paris Star photograph shows the millrace along Willow Street in Paris, Ontario, which primarily supplied water power to the Penman Manufacturing Co. The bridge seen is on William Street, and the building past it on Elm Street is Paris's original skating rink. The house in the far background is the Captain Cox house on Banfield Street.
This image was printed on the fortieth page of photographs in At the Forks of the Grand: Volume II by D. A. Smith.
- The rink shown in this photo was built in 1879 and destroyed by fire in 1921, so the photograph was taken at some point in this time period.
- (On back of original matting)
This view looking westward from Willow St. shows the mill race, the William St. bridge and Paris' original ice rink on William St. & Elm. In the distance very clearly seen is the Cox House on Banfield St.
Paris Star Photo
Width: 14.5 cm
Height: 18.3 cm
- Local identifier
- D.A. Smith Photograph Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.194167721824 Longitude: -80.3789940476418
- Paris Museum and Historical Society
Phone: (519) 442-9295
15 Curtis Avenue North
Paris, Ontario, Canada
- Recommended Citation
- Willow Street Millrace, 1[8??], D.A. Smith Photograph Collection, 1999.0866.01, Paris Museum and Historical Society
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit “Paris Museum and Historical Society.”
- Paris Museum and Historical SocietyEmail
Agency street/mail address
Paris Museum and Historical Society
51 William Street, Paris, ON