Paris High School Girls' Basketball Team, c. 1915-18
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This photograph, c. 1915-18, shows a basketball team of female high school students who had played in the gym at the Community Building. For a list of the persons in this photograph, see the inscription.
There are two copies of this photograph, each with separate strengths and weaknesses. Both have been included in this entry.
This image was printed on the twenty-ninth page of photographs in At the Forks of the Grand: Volume II by D. A. Smith.
- (On original matting)
A basketball team that played in the Y.M.C.A. gymnasium about 1918. This was the period when girls were beginning to wear "gym bloomers," and to take part in strenuous sports.
Alice Carnie, Irene Patterson, Leila Elliot, Kathleen Flahiff
Dorothy Haire, Florence Inksater, M. Pascoe, Gladys Patterson
Hazel Folsetter, Doris Cornish
- Date of Original
- [ca. 1915-18]
Width: 23 cm
Height: 16 cm
- Local identifier
- D.A. Smith Photograph Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.2 Longitude: -80.38333
- Recommended Citation
- Paris High School Girls' Basketball Team, [ca. 1915-18], D.A. Smith Photograph Collection, 1999.1113.01, Paris Museum and Historical Society
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit “Paris Museum and Historical Society.”
- Paris Museum and Historical SocietyEmail
Agency street/mail address
Paris Museum and Historical Society
51 William Street, Paris, ON