Lithograph View of the Lower Town, c. 1870s
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This lithograph, based on a painting by "Rev. M. A. F.," depicts the downtown area of Paris as it existed in the 1870s along with the Grand River and its bridges.
It was originally published in the October 26, 1872 edition of the Canadian Illustrated News. Some time later, a limited number of original pages were taken from issues of this newspaper and hand-coloured to be sold as prints. One of these coloured prints is also included in this collection.
This lithograph was later used as the cover to volume II of At the Forks of the Grand, using a different colouring scheme.
- The Canadian Illustrated News
- Date of Original
- 26 Oct. 1872
Width: 33.5 cm
Height: 21.5 cm
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.2 Longitude: -80.38333
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Lithograph View of the Lower Town, 1872, 1996.0004.08, Paris Museum and Historical Society
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit “Paris Museum and Historical Society.”
- Paris Museum and Historical SocietyEmail
Agency street/mail address
Paris Museum and Historical Society
51 William Street, Paris, ON