At the Forks of the Grand: Volume II
- Smith, Donald A., Author
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The second volume of At the Forks of the Grand was published in 1982, not long after the reprinting of Volume I. Its chapters were originally printed as segments in The Paris Star.
While the first volume is primarily an account of the foundation and political/economic development of Paris, the second volume is a primarily anecdotal volume which documents the people of Paris and the events and major developments which influenced and shaped them between the 1840s and 1939.
The centre of the book contains 48 pages of black and white photographs, ranging from the 19th century to the 1970s or 1980s.
The dust jacket illustration is a colourized version of a newspaper lithograph included in this collection as 1999.0004.08, linked to on the right.
- Advance Printing
- Place of Publication
- Paris, Ontario
- Date of Original
- Local identifier
- ISBN 0969124511
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.2 Longitude: -80.38333
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Paris Friends of the Library
- These images are property of the Paris Friends of the Library and cannot be reproduced in any form without explicit written permission.
- County of Brant Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail addressCounty of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary