Chamberlain Ledger Book, 1873-1875
- Chamberlain, Aaron H., Author
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Ledger Book
- This item is a ledger book that belonged to Dr. Aaron H. Chamberlain (b. 1829, d. 1916). As a doctor and physician, he practiced his job out of his former home in Scotland, Ontario. Encased in a mustard yellow cover, this ledger was used to keep record of his patients, some of his daily activities, and of financial transactions from November 30th, 1873 to June 15, 1875. For example, on January 24th, 1874, Mr. William Patrick is recorded as paying $4.00 to get an unnamed bagged item for his wife, while on June 11th 1875 Mr. James Thomson payed $1.25 while visiting someone named William. Most transactions recorded are between 50 cents and several dollars in value. Chamberlain also left a short note on the third page, writing: "Will round 15 March 1873, Elizabeth Bradt Born in East Flamborough age."
- Dr. Aaron Chamberlain was born in East Oakland, near Oxford County, Ontario to Joel and Elvira Main Chamberlain on 7th October, 1829. Aaron attended the Michigan Medical College at the University of Michigan between 1864 and 1865, and the Victoria Royal Medical School in 1867. He would marry Melinda Clark Chamberlain on 10th November, 1869, the same year he obtained his medical licence in Ontario. He would practice allopathic medicine near his home for over forty years. Aaron died in Kelvin, Ontario on 11th November, 1916. He was the father of Charles Hedgers Chamberlain.
- Date of Original
- Personal Name(s)
- Chamberlain, Dr. Aaron H.,
- Local identifier
- Brant Museum and Archives Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.0834 Longitude: -80.49968
Latitude: 43.0168 Longitude: -80.36637
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Chamberlain, Dr. Aaron H. "Chamberlain Ledger Book, 1873-1875." Brant Museum and Archives Collection. Item No. 2000.6.1.003.
- Brant Museum and Archives CollectionEmail
Agency street/mail address57 Charlotte St.
Brantford, ON N3T 2W6