Last Will and Testament of Ada Dougherty
- Joyce Deagle Osinga, Collector
- Media Type
- Item Type
- THIS IS THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT of me ADA DOUGHERTY, of the village of Middleport, in the Township of Onondaga, in the County of Brant, and Province of Ontario, Widow.
I HEREBY REVOKE all former Wills, codicils or other testamentary dixpositions by me at any time heretofore made and declare this only to be and contain my last Will and Testament.
I GIVE, DEVISE, and BEQUEATH my home in the Village of Middleport, being the frame dwelling house where I reside and the land in connection therewith, with all floor coverings, stove, curtains and blinds, to my nephew Richard Dougherty for his own use, so long as he shall live and at his death the said dwelling house and land, I GIVE, DEVISE AND BEQUEATH to his son, George Dougherty for his own use absolutely.
I GIVE and BEQUEATH the following legacies:
(1) Unto my namesake Ada Dell Helen Ormina Wilcox, the sum of twenty-five Dollars.
(2) Unto my niece-in-law Hazel Deagle, the sum of Fifty Dollars.
(3) Unto my niece Nora Ferris, the sum of Fifty Dollars.
(4) Unto my niece, Vera Keefer, the sum of Fifty Dollars.
(5) Unto my sister-in-law, Minnie Hager, the sum of Fifty Dollars.
(6) Unto my brother, Orloff Hager, the sum of Fifty Dollars.
(7)Unto my nephew Elmer Hager the sum of One Hundred Dollars.
(8) Unto my nephew Willard Hager the sum of One Hundred Dollars.
(9) Unto my nephew Keith Hager the sum of One Hundred Dollars.
(10) Unto my grand nephew Rosswell Lawrence Deagle the sum of One Hundred Dollars.
ALL the rest and remainder of my household goods furniture and household effects, I GIVE and BEQUEATH to my own nephews and nieces of the Hager family.
I DIRECT my Executor to pay to the Anglican Synod of the Diocese of Huron at London, Ontario, the sum of One Thousand Dollars, which sum is to be invested in trustees securities and the interest thereon from year to year is to be paid by the Anglican Synod toward the salary of the Minister of St. Paul's Anglican Church, Middleport, Ontario, so long as there is a Minister actively engaged in the Church of the congregation of St. Paul's Anglican Church, Middleport, Ontario. Upon the happening that there is not a Minister actively engaged in the said Church, the Synod shall use the said One Thousand Dollars and any interest thereon in such manner as it shall in its discretion deem advisable.
I DIRECT my Executor to pay Two Hundred Dollars to the Anglican Synod of the Diocese of Huron and the interest thereon is to be paid for the upkeep of the cemetery at St. Paul's Anglican Church at Middleport.
I DIRECT my Executor to pay One Hundred Dollars to the cemetery fund of the Second Onondaga Baptist Cuhrch.
I DIRECT my Executor to pay the Ladies Guild of St. Paul's Anglican Church at Middleport the sum of One Hundred Dollars.
I DIRECT my Executor to pay One Hundred Dollars to the Sunday School of St. Paul's Anglican Church at Middleport.
ALL THE RESIDUE of my Estate not hereinbefore disposed of I GIVE, DEVISE, and BEQUEATH unto my Executor in trust to convert the same into money and to execute whatever documents are necessary and to divide the said residue into ten equal shares and to pay the said shares as follows:
A. One share to Aleta Hager.
B. One share to the Lawful children of my deceased nephew Wilfred Hager.
C. One share to my niece-in-law Hazel Deagle.
D. One share to my niece Nora Ferris.
E. One share to my niece Vera Keefer.
F. One share to Walter Dougherty.
G. One share to Roy Dougherty.
H. One share to Martha Goodall.
I. One share to Mary Vansickle.
J. One share to the children of my deceased niece Susie Dougherty Beckham, namely - Lloyd Beckham, John Beckham, Harry Beckham, Irene McIntyre, Hazel Beckham, and Glenna Beckham.
AND I NOMINATE AND APPOINT my nephew (redacted) and my grandnephew Rosswell Lawrence Deagle to be Executors of this my last Will and Testment.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF I have hereunto set my hand this Thirty-first day of March, A.D., 1951.
SIGNED, PUBLISHED and DECLARED by Ada Dougherty, the Testatrix, as and for her last Will and Testament, in the presence of us who in her presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses.
Copy of last will and testament made by me
The will is in Lawer Arrells office Caledonia
- Date of Original
- Joyce Deagle Osinga
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- County of Brant Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail addressCounty of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary