Thomas William et al. vs. John Langs Document of Declaration
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A document of declaration from the executors of the estate of the late George Tiffany against John Langs dated the eighth day of March 1843. In it, they accuse John Langs of having accrued a number of unpaid debts to George Tiffany during Tiffany’s lifetime, including an initial debt of eighteen pounds and fifteen shillings which John Langs had already been taken before the court over and had promised to pay, minus the interest. The document then accuses John Lang of not fulfilling his promissory note and acquiring further goods and services from Tiffany which he also failed to pay for. They are asking for damages of one hundred pounds. The document charges that if John Langs does not plead in front of the court within eight days of service judgement will be signed against him by default.
- Date of Original
- March 8, 1843
- Personal Name(s)
- Tiffany, George ; Langs, John ; William, Thomas ; Tiffany, Geof ; Sylvester, George
- Local identifier
- Langs Family Personal Collection
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Thomas William et al. vs. John Langs Document of Declaration, 08 March 1843. Langs Family Personal Collection, Item No. 2017NL001.24
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit "Provided by the Langs Family"
- County of Brant Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail addressCounty of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary