Land Transfer Agreement between Jacob Langs and Sidney Lampkins
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A handwritten document by Jacob Langs dated the fourth day of April 1838 promising Sidney Lampkins the title for fifty acres of lot nine upon his "death or disease" for the sum of one hundred pounds.
- Know all men by these presents that I Jacob Langs of the Township of Brantford in the County of Wentworth in the gore District of the province of Upper Canada yeoman am held and firmly bound unto Sidney Lampkins of the same place Spinster in the penal sum of one hundred pounds of Lawful money of the Province aforesaid to be paid to the said Sidney Lampkins her Daughter Helen or to her or their certain attorney by her or them or [either?] of their appointed for which payment well and truly to be made. I Bind myself my heirs executors and administrators firmly by these presents sealed with my seal and dated at the township of Brantford aforesaid this fourth day of april in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and thirty eight - - - - - - - - - -
The Condition of this obligation is such that if the above [Baunden?] Jacob Langs his heirs executors or administrators or any [other?] of then [Shall?] and do well and truly and as soon as the death or disease of the said Jacob Langs Sign Seal and duly execute and deliver at the proper Costs of the Said Jacob Langs [illegible] his heirs and Assigns forever a good and sufficient [Worsanlee?] Deed of conveyance or [indefeasible?] title in the Law for a part or portion of Lot number nine it being the [strike through] of [illegible] lot number nine containing full fifty acres [strike through] then this obligation and every thing therein contained shall be null and void otherwise to be in full force and [illegible]
Signed Sealed and delivered
In presence of
- Date of Original:
- April 4, 1838
- Local identifier:
- Langs Family Personal Collection
- Language of Item:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Deed of Land between Jacob Langs and Sidney Lampkins, 04 April 1838. Langs Family Personal Collection, Item No. 2017NL001.23
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit "Provided by the Langs Family"
County of Brant Public Library
Agency street/mail address
County of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary