Joseph "Joe" Bialas
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Collection of colour photographs depicting Joseph "Joe" Bialas dated circa early 2010s.
2017FB001.010: In the foreground from the left to centre, Anna (Kupnicki) Bialas, Joseph Bialas, and Frank Bialas, at a Remembrance Day Ceremony in Brantford, Ontario. Joe is wearing his RCAF uniform and wedge cap. The group is surrounded by other civilians and military personal attending the ceremony seated behind, and standing in the background.
2017FB001.012: Joe [left] and his brother Frank [right] Bialas standing in front of a podium at a Brantford Air Force Club event.
2017LL001.011: Photograph of four Brantford Air Force Club members [left to right]: Leslie Lamb, Jim Cass, Joe Bialas, and an unidentified West Brantford Legion 90 member, circa 2014.
- Joseph “Joe” Bialas was born in 1923 or 1924 to John and Katherine (Serdersky) Bialas. He was the second youngest son, with John Joseph being the eldest son, and Frank the youngest. There were also two daughters in the family, Alice and Mary.
During the Second World War, he served across Canada and England as a Leading Aircraftman on ground crew in the Royal Canadian Air Force.
Following his military service and return to Brantford, he founded Bialas Plumbing and Heating. He joined several service clubs as well as the Brantford Air Force Club and Dunsdon Legion. As well, he diligently attended the Remembrance Day ceremonies at the Brant County War Memorial in Brantford every year.
- Date Of Event:
- Personal Name(s):
- Bialas, Joseph
- Local identifier:
- 2017FB001; 2017LL001
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Frank Bialas; Leslie Lamb
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Joseph "Joe" Bialas, Frank Bialas. 2017FB001.010.
Joseph "Joe" Bialas, Frank Bialas. 2017FB001.012.
Joseph "Joe" Bialas, Leslie Lamb. 2017LL001.011.
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit "County of Brant Public Library."
County of Brant Public Library
Agency street/mail address
County of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary