Wings above the Skyline: The Story of No. 5 Service Flying Training School, Brantford, Ontario, Canada, 1940-1944
- Sharpe, Roger, Author
- Media Type
- Item Type
- When WWII began there was a great need for trained aircrew to fight the enemy. A Plan, the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan, was created that built a massive system of air training facilities across Canada. As one part of this enormous plan Brantford, Ontario became an Air Station training bomber aircrews on the Avro Anson, called No. 5 Service Flying Training School. This book describes the exciting development, operation and end of the Station. It gives a small glimpse of what happened all across Canada as the Plan evolved and specifically the events in the City of Brantford.This is the inspiring story of the conception, development and operation of a bomber training Station at Brantford, Ontario, Canada during WWII. Brantford became the location of a large RCAF community called No. 5 Service Flying Training School that for a time was an important part of Brant County and developed into what is the present Brantford Municipal Airport, a significant part of the Brantford community.
- Tate Publishing & Enterprises, LLC
- Place of Publication
- Mustang, Oklahoma
- Date Of Event
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1334 Longitude: -80.26636
- Generously donated by Roger Sharpe.
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Roger Sharpe
- Recommended Citation
- Roger Sharpe. Wings above the Skyline: The Story of No. 5 Service Flying Training School, Brantford, Ontario, Canada, 1940-1944. Mustang, Oklahoma: Tate Publishing & Enterprises, LLC, 2016.
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes.
- County of Brant Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail addressCounty of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary