- Mystery Question:
Do you know where and when this photograph was taken?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Photograph of George Aitkin wearing a WWII Canadian Service Dress, also referred to as the “Walking Out” uniform. Cap badge resembles that of the Royal Canadian Army Service Corps. Aitkin is holding a cigarette in his left hand and a baton in his right hand, standing outdoors with a cobblestone building and trees in the background. Aitkin was from Glen Morris, and served in the Canadian Army during the Second World War. Date and location is unknown.
- The original photograph is framed at the Glen Morris Branch of the County of Brant Public Library, as a photograph collection of Second World War veterans from Glen Morris.
"Aitkin, George E. Capt." is listed in the Album of Honour of Brant County on page 180. If this is the same individual, this photograph was taken prior to his promotion to a Captain.
- Date of Original:
- ca. 1939 - 1945
- Date Of Event:
- Second World War
- Personal Name(s):
- Aitkin, George
- Local identifier:
- Military History of the County of Brant
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- George Aitkin. County of Brant Public Library, 2017CB007.001.
- Location of Original:
- County of Brant Public Library, Glen Morris Branch
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit “The County of Brant Public Library.”
County of Brant Public Library
Agency street/mail address
County of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary