Land Indenture Between Moses and Caroline Emmott and Ignatius Cockshutt
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This item is a land deed transferring land in Newport (land presently owned by the Emmott family on Old Greenfield Road) from Ignatius Cockshutt to Moses and Carolina Emmott. The deed is dated June 21, 1876 and the land was purchased for $1,200 dollars. Moses Emmott immigrated to Canada from England to help build Cockshutt Road. After construction of the road finished, Moses did not have enough money to return to England and ended up settling on this property.
- Date of Original
- Personal Name(s)
- Cockshutt, Ignatious ; Emmott, Moses ; Emmott, Caroline
- Local identifier
- Historic Buildings of the County of Brant
- Language of Item
- Generously provided by Jean and Bill Emmott.
- Recommended Citation
- Land Deed Agreement Between Moses and Caroline Emmott and Ignatius Cockshutt, 1876. Jean and Bill Emmott Personal Collection, Item No. 2016JE001.
- For research purposes only.
- County of Brant Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail addressCounty of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary