J.B. Howell's House Postcard
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This is a postcard with a photograph of what was presumably J.B. Howell's House in St. George. The photograph depicts a side view of the one-and-a-half storey white frame house. James B. Howell was a grandson of Isaac Howell, the original Howell settler in the area. The 1876 South Dumfries voters list shows James B. Howell residing at Concession 3, Lot 12 of South Dumfries Township. Howell descendants lived on this location until at least the 1980s. The date is unknown but presumed to be around 1916-1920.
This description was provided by Cliff Jones of the South Dumfries Historical Society. The postcard was provided by Helen Simpson.
- Date of Publication
- Personal Name(s)
- Howell, James, B. ; Howell, Isaac
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.2501 Longitude: -80.24966
- Provided by Helen Simpson.
- Recommended Citation
- J.B Howell's House St. George, 1916. County of Brant Public Library, Photograph No. 2016SH005.
- For research purposes only.
- County of Brant Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail addressCounty of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary