Grand Trunk Railway Bridge Reconstruction Postcard
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This is a postcard with a photograph of the reconstruction of the Grand Trunk Railway Station in St. George, located half a mile south of the village. The photograph is believed to have been taken following an accident in 1916. This accident followed the deadly train derailment in 1889 that left 11 dead and 30 injured. The bridge was removed in 1963, with the last train crossing it a year prior.
This description was provided by Cliff Jones of the South Dumfries Historical Society. The postcard was provided by Helen Simpson.
- Date of Publication
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.2501 Longitude: -80.24966
- Provided by Helen Simpson.
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Grand Trunk Railway Bridge St. George, 1916. Helen Simpson Personal Collection, Photograph No. 2016SH006.
- For research purposes only.
- County of Brant Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail addressCounty of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary