Bernard Smith House
- Mystery Question:
Do you know when this house was built?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
The Bernard Smith house is located in Burford Township. The land this house is located on has been in the Smith family since the mid-nineteenth century. A number of land deeds pertaining to this land are available (right hand side under Links).
The building is a rectangular-shaped, single detached dwelling with a center gable roof shape. Stretcher bond brick walls form the exterior and there are radiating arch voussoirs above the windows. The windows themselves are double hung with sash divisions surrounded by a moulded trim. The plain-trim main door is in the centre of the main facade however is located on the left-hand side of the central feature as opposed to directly on the front. The roof trim features cornice boxed brackets.
- Local identifier:
- Historic Buildings of the County of Brant
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date:
- Copyright Holder:
- County of Brant Public Library
- Copyright Holder Contact Information:
- 12 William Street, Paris, ON N3L 1K7
- Recommended Citation:
- Bernard Smith House. County of Brant Public Library, Item No. 2015CB005.
County of Brant Public Library
Agency street/mail address
County of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary