Salem School Class Photo
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This item is a class photograph taken at Salem School sometime in the mid-1890s. The names of those who are in the picture are written on the back of the cardboard frame that the photo is mounted on.
L to R Front Row
(Fred Sherman sitting)
Mary Taylor, Alice Chrysler, Alice Shaver,
Lois Burgess, (Adelbert) Delbert Rutherford, Roy Brown,
Stanley Howey, James Chrysler, Rance Cameron,
Carl Terryberry, Emerson Rutherford,
L to R Middle
Clarence Howey, Charles Brown, Norman Van Horne,
Oscar Chrysler, Gilbert Terryberry, May Burgess,
Nettie May Rutherford, Lizzie Burgess,
Libby (Elizabeth) Fowler,
L to R Rear
Monty Cameron (girl), (Bert) Bertha Brown,
Horace Rice (teacher), Jane Terryberry
(daughter of John Terryberry, [sister] to Will + Frank),
Nellie or Janice? McIntyre (sister to Charlie McIntyre), Emily Denby, Ray Cameron,
Emily Lester, Kitty Cameron, Verna Terryberry
Salem School, taken when Dad (Stanley Howey) was
8 to 10 years of age, 1893-1895.
Dad started to school at 5 years of age, went 2 or 3
days to one teacher, then had a lady for 2 years, then
Horace Rice taught for 3 years.
- Date of Publication
Width: 10 in
Height: 8 in
- Local identifier
- Roger and Carolyn Orth Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1097465141276 Longitude: -80.4673003727722
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Salem School Class Photo, c.1894. Burford Township Historical Society and Museum, Item No. 2004.011.001.
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit "Burford Township Historical Society and Museum."
- Burford Township Historical SocietyEmail
Agency street/mail address
141 Harley Road, Harley, ON N0E 1E0