County of Brant Public Library Digital Collections
Ann Gaunt Collection


Records

Results

We found
23
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Grand River Flooding in Glen Morris
    Image       This photograph shows the 1948 flood of the Grand River in Glen Morris. The J.D. Smith Saw Mill is on the left. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Days event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph shows the 1948 flood of the Grand River in Glen Morris. The J.D. Smith Saw Mill is on the left. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during ...
  • Old Township Hall in Glen Morris
    Image       This photograph shows the ruins of the Old Township Hall in Glen Morris. It was originally built of stone in 1851 and partially torn down in 1941. This photo was copied from the Glen Morris Tweedsmuir History. It was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Days event (May ...
    Image     This photograph shows the ruins of the Old Township Hall in Glen Morris. It was originally built of stone in 1851 and partially torn down in 1941. This photo was ...
  • Centennial Hall in Glen Morris
    Image       This photograph depicts the Glen Morris Centennial Hall. Originally built in 1859 as a Methodist Church, it later became the property of the Independent Order of Foresters (IOF), and was subsequently purchased in 1913 by the Glen Morris Women's Institute. In 1965, the school board purchased the hall as an ...
    Image     This photograph depicts the Glen Morris Centennial Hall. Originally built in 1859 as a Methodist Church, it later became the property of the Independent Order of Foresters (IOF), and was ...
  • View of the Original Glen Morris Bridge From the East Side of the Grand River
    Image       G. Hamilton Grand River Bridge, Glen Morris
    Image     G. Hamilton Grand River Bridge, Glen Morris
  • Photo of the Original Glen Morris Bridge Crossing the Grand River
    Image       This is a copy of a photograph of the original Glen Morris bridge over the Grand River. The bridge was built in 1911. The photo was copied from the Glen Morris Tweedsmuir History. It was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Days event (May 10-13, 2011) held by ...
    Image     This is a copy of a photograph of the original Glen Morris bridge over the Grand River. The bridge was built in 1911. The photo was copied from the Glen ...
  • Photo of the New Bridge Crossing the Grand River
    Image       This photograph shows the new bridge crossing the Grand River. It was built in 1972. The picture was taken in 1985. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Days event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph shows the new bridge crossing the Grand River. It was built in 1972. The picture was taken in 1985. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a ...
  • Glen Morris Central School
    Image       This is a photograph of the Glen Morris Central School built in 1961. The picture was taken in 1985. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Days event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This is a photograph of the Glen Morris Central School built in 1961. The picture was taken in 1985. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation ...
  • Photo of the J.D. Smith Saw Mill
    Imagecomment       This is a photograph of the former J.D. Smith Saw Mill. The original mill was built in the mid-1800s. This picture was taken in 1985. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Days event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Imagecomment     This is a photograph of the former J.D. Smith Saw Mill. The original mill was built in the mid-1800s. This picture was taken in 1985. This photograph was provided by ...
  • The Grand River Flood of 1974
    Image       This photograph shows the Grand River flood of 1974 in Glen Morris, Ont., at 7 Dawson Road. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Days event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph shows the Grand River flood of 1974 in Glen Morris, Ont., at 7 Dawson Road. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Days event ...
  • Construction of the New Bridge in Glen Morris
    Image       This photograph, taken in 1972, shows the start of construction on the new bridge in Glen Morris. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Days event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph, taken in 1972, shows the start of construction on the new bridge in Glen Morris. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Days event ...
  • J.D. Smith Saw Mill in Glen Morris
    Image       This photograph shows the J.D. Smith Saw Mill (on the left) and the road looking east to Glen Morris. It was taken around 1940. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Days event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph shows the J.D. Smith Saw Mill (on the left) and the road looking east to Glen Morris. It was taken around 1940. This photograph was provided by Ann ...
  • Photo of the United Church in Glen Morris
    Image       This photograph, taken in 1985, shows the Glen Morris United Church. The building was originally erected in 1847. The photo was copied from the Glen Morris Tweedsmuir History. It was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Day event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public ...
    Image     This photograph, taken in 1985, shows the Glen Morris United Church. The building was originally erected in 1847. The photo was copied from the Glen Morris Tweedsmuir History. It was ...
  • Photo of the Glen Morris School House
    Image       This photograph, taken in 1985, shows the front side of the Glen Morris School House. Built in 1869, it was still in use in 2011. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Day event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph, taken in 1985, shows the front side of the Glen Morris School House. Built in 1869, it was still in use in 2011. This photograph was provided by ...
  • Photo of the Glen Morris School House
    Image       This photograph of the Glen Morris School was taken in 1985. Originally built in 1869, the building was still in use in 2011. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Day event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph of the Glen Morris School was taken in 1985. Originally built in 1869, the building was still in use in 2011. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt ...
  • The 1948 Flood of the Grand River
    Image       This photograph shows the 1948 flood of the Grand River. J.D. Smith's Saw Mill is on the left. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Day event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph shows the 1948 flood of the Grand River. J.D. Smith's Saw Mill is on the left. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Day ...
  • The 1948 Flood of the Grand River
    Image       This photograph shows the 1948 flood of the Grand River. J.D. Smith's Saw Mill is on the left. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Day event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph shows the 1948 flood of the Grand River. J.D. Smith's Saw Mill is on the left. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Day ...
  • Photo of Glen Morris Public Library
    Image       This is an early photograph of the Glen Morris Public Library. Originally built as a hotel in 1845, the building was vacant when the Library took up residence in 1888. The Public Library was established in 1864 and was housed in a local school prior to its move. This photo ...
    Image     This is an early photograph of the Glen Morris Public Library. Originally built as a hotel in 1845, the building was vacant when the Library took up residence in 1888. ...
  • Store House in Glen Morris
    Image       This is a copy of a photograph of the Store House in Glen Morris. Built prior to 1849, this store housed the post office, telegraph, and tailor shop as well as general merchandise. It was located across the street from the Thomas Scott house. The building was destroyed by fire ...
    Image     This is a copy of a photograph of the Store House in Glen Morris. Built prior to 1849, this store housed the post office, telegraph, and tailor shop as well ...
  • Marchant's General Store in Glen Morris
    Image       This photograph shows Marchant's General Store in Glen Morris. Originally built in 1883 as a dwelling, the building was turned into a store and post office. In 1946, it was divided into apartments. "C. Hamilton" is written in ink on the lower right-hand corner of the picture. It is likely ...
    Image     This photograph shows Marchant's General Store in Glen Morris. Originally built in 1883 as a dwelling, the building was turned into a store and post office. In 1946, it was ...
  • Thomas Scott's Home in Glen Morris
    Image       This picture shows the Glen Morris home of Thomas Scott, built in 1883. The building later became a General Store and Post Office. In 1968, the home was divided into apartment units. The photograph was copied from the Glen Morris Tweedsmuir History. It was provided by Ann Gaunt during a ...
    Image     This picture shows the Glen Morris home of Thomas Scott, built in 1883. The building later became a General Store and Post Office. In 1968, the home was divided into ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










Ann Gaunt Collection


Ann Gaunt has lived in the Glen Morris area since 1945. Her mother Ella Gofton still resides in the village. At present she is working on a pictorial of the village as it was and how it is today. She has generously donated some of her materials for inclusion on this website. Support for this project has been generously provided the Ontario Trillium Foundation. The Ontario Trillium Foundation is an agency of the Government of Ontario. http://www.trilliumfoundation.org/