County of Brant Public Library Digital Collections
Ann Gaunt Collection


Records

Results

We found
23
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Glen Morris Public School, 1951-1953
    Image       This photo from 1951-1953 shows a group of students from the Glen Morris Public School. Back row: Hedy Lochman, Bert Schram, Gordon Griffin, James Howlett, Mary Rothwell, Eleanor Griffin, Margaret Sheils, Joan Rising, Peggy Williams, Marilyn McDonald, Irene Fleury, Marilyn Spencer. Middle row: Shirley McComb, Jerry Hoffman, Marion Martin, Ralph ...
    Image     This photo from 1951-1953 shows a group of students from the Glen Morris Public School. Back row: Hedy Lochman, Bert Schram, Gordon Griffin, James Howlett, Mary Rothwell, Eleanor Griffin, Margaret ...
  • Aerial View of the Flood of the Grand River
    Image       This picture shows an aerial view of the Grand River flood in March 1948. The Hannan Paint and Varnish company is on the left and the J.D. Smith Saw Mill is on the right. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Day event (May 10-13, 2011) ...
    Image     This picture shows an aerial view of the Grand River flood in March 1948. The Hannan Paint and Varnish company is on the left and the J.D. Smith Saw Mill ...
  • View of Glen Morris From the West Side of the Grand River
    Image       This is a photocopy of a photo of Glen Morris from the west side of the Grand River (ca. 1878). Prior to 1851, the settlement was called Middleton. The church was built in 1849 at a cost of $3,000. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation ...
    Image     This is a photocopy of a photo of Glen Morris from the west side of the Grand River (ca. 1878). Prior to 1851, the settlement was called Middleton. The church ...
  • Thomas Scott's Home in Glen Morris
    Image       This picture shows the Glen Morris home of Thomas Scott, built in 1883. The building later became a General Store and Post Office. In 1968, the home was divided into apartment units. The photograph was copied from the Glen Morris Tweedsmuir History. It was provided by Ann Gaunt during a ...
    Image     This picture shows the Glen Morris home of Thomas Scott, built in 1883. The building later became a General Store and Post Office. In 1968, the home was divided into ...
  • Marchant's General Store in Glen Morris
    Image       This photograph shows Marchant's General Store in Glen Morris. Originally built in 1883 as a dwelling, the building was turned into a store and post office. In 1946, it was divided into apartments. "C. Hamilton" is written in ink on the lower right-hand corner of the picture. It is likely ...
    Image     This photograph shows Marchant's General Store in Glen Morris. Originally built in 1883 as a dwelling, the building was turned into a store and post office. In 1946, it was ...
  • Store House in Glen Morris
    Image       This is a copy of a photograph of the Store House in Glen Morris. Built prior to 1849, this store housed the post office, telegraph, and tailor shop as well as general merchandise. It was located across the street from the Thomas Scott house. The building was destroyed by fire ...
    Image     This is a copy of a photograph of the Store House in Glen Morris. Built prior to 1849, this store housed the post office, telegraph, and tailor shop as well ...
  • Photo of Glen Morris Public Library
    Image       This is an early photograph of the Glen Morris Public Library. Originally built as a hotel in 1845, the building was vacant when the Library took up residence in 1888. The Public Library was established in 1864 and was housed in a local school prior to its move. This photo ...
    Image     This is an early photograph of the Glen Morris Public Library. Originally built as a hotel in 1845, the building was vacant when the Library took up residence in 1888. ...
  • The 1948 Flood of the Grand River
    Image       This photograph shows the 1948 flood of the Grand River. J.D. Smith's Saw Mill is on the left. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Day event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph shows the 1948 flood of the Grand River. J.D. Smith's Saw Mill is on the left. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Day ...
  • The 1948 Flood of the Grand River
    Image       This photograph shows the 1948 flood of the Grand River. J.D. Smith's Saw Mill is on the left. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Day event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph shows the 1948 flood of the Grand River. J.D. Smith's Saw Mill is on the left. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Day ...
  • Photo of the Glen Morris School House
    Image       This photograph of the Glen Morris School was taken in 1985. Originally built in 1869, the building was still in use in 2011. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Day event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph of the Glen Morris School was taken in 1985. Originally built in 1869, the building was still in use in 2011. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt ...
  • Photo of the Glen Morris School House
    Image       This photograph, taken in 1985, shows the front side of the Glen Morris School House. Built in 1869, it was still in use in 2011. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Day event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph, taken in 1985, shows the front side of the Glen Morris School House. Built in 1869, it was still in use in 2011. This photograph was provided by ...
  • Photo of the United Church in Glen Morris
    Image       This photograph, taken in 1985, shows the Glen Morris United Church. The building was originally erected in 1847. The photo was copied from the Glen Morris Tweedsmuir History. It was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Day event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public ...
    Image     This photograph, taken in 1985, shows the Glen Morris United Church. The building was originally erected in 1847. The photo was copied from the Glen Morris Tweedsmuir History. It was ...
  • J.D. Smith Saw Mill in Glen Morris
    Image       This photograph shows the J.D. Smith Saw Mill (on the left) and the road looking east to Glen Morris. It was taken around 1940. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Days event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph shows the J.D. Smith Saw Mill (on the left) and the road looking east to Glen Morris. It was taken around 1940. This photograph was provided by Ann ...
  • Construction of the New Bridge in Glen Morris
    Image       This photograph, taken in 1972, shows the start of construction on the new bridge in Glen Morris. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Days event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph, taken in 1972, shows the start of construction on the new bridge in Glen Morris. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Days event ...
  • The Grand River Flood of 1974
    Image       This photograph shows the Grand River flood of 1974 in Glen Morris, Ont., at 7 Dawson Road. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Days event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph shows the Grand River flood of 1974 in Glen Morris, Ont., at 7 Dawson Road. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Days event ...
  • Photo of the J.D. Smith Saw Mill
    Imagecomment       This is a photograph of the former J.D. Smith Saw Mill. The original mill was built in the mid-1800s. This picture was taken in 1985. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Days event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Imagecomment     This is a photograph of the former J.D. Smith Saw Mill. The original mill was built in the mid-1800s. This picture was taken in 1985. This photograph was provided by ...
  • Glen Morris Central School
    Image       This is a photograph of the Glen Morris Central School built in 1961. The picture was taken in 1985. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Days event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This is a photograph of the Glen Morris Central School built in 1961. The picture was taken in 1985. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation ...
  • Photo of the New Bridge Crossing the Grand River
    Image       This photograph shows the new bridge crossing the Grand River. It was built in 1972. The picture was taken in 1985. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Days event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public Library.
    Image     This photograph shows the new bridge crossing the Grand River. It was built in 1972. The picture was taken in 1985. This photograph was provided by Ann Gaunt during a ...
  • Photo of the Original Glen Morris Bridge Crossing the Grand River
    Image       This is a copy of a photograph of the original Glen Morris bridge over the Grand River. The bridge was built in 1911. The photo was copied from the Glen Morris Tweedsmuir History. It was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Days event (May 10-13, 2011) held by ...
    Image     This is a copy of a photograph of the original Glen Morris bridge over the Grand River. The bridge was built in 1911. The photo was copied from the Glen ...
  • View of the Original Glen Morris Bridge From the East Side of the Grand River
    Image       G. Hamilton Grand River Bridge, Glen Morris
    Image     G. Hamilton Grand River Bridge, Glen Morris
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










Ann Gaunt Collection


Ann Gaunt has lived in the Glen Morris area since 1945. Her mother Ella Gofton still resides in the village. At present she is working on a pictorial of the village as it was and how it is today. She has generously donated some of her materials for inclusion on this website. Support for this project has been generously provided the Ontario Trillium Foundation. The Ontario Trillium Foundation is an agency of the Government of Ontario. http://www.trilliumfoundation.org/