S.S. #11 South School c.1902 Class Photo
- Mystery Question
- Can you identify the people in this photograph?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This item is a class photograph of the students at S.S. #11 South School. The photo was taken around 1902 and is mounted on a cardboard frame.
SOUTH SCHOOL S.S. Number 11 (about 1902) - Mr. Hunt, teacher
1. Stanley Metcalf 2. Roy Tom 3. Leslie Stuart 4. Ada Smith (Collett) 5. Maude
Virtue 6. Ada Collins 7. Edith Metcalf (Wilson)
1. Florence Fraser 2. Kelly Metcalf 3. Augusta Metcalf
1. 2. 3. 4. Walter Fraser 5. ?
Wingrove 6. Charlie Smith 7. Leslie Metcalf
Miss Horton 1892
Alberta Langs 1895-1902
Miss Belatchie about 1903
Mr. Hunt abouyt 1902
Miss Bertha Stewart about 1905
Miss Florence Fraser - ? to 1954
Miss Helene Hannah - 1954-1956
Mrs. Vamos - September 1956 to Christmas 1956
Mrs. Verna McLaren - January 1957 to 1965
Mrs. Velma Goring - 1965-1966
The original school built in 1882 burned around the turn of the century and they
used the date stone from the original school in the new school in this picture. Until
the new school was built, classes were held in a building on the farm of Colonel
Fraser across the corner.
- Date of Publication
Width: 10 in
Height: 8 in
- Local identifier
- Russel Wilson Collection
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.0900444954926 Longitude: -80.4289555126953
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- S.S. #11 South School Class Photo, c1902. Burford Township Historical Society and Museum, Item No. 2004.026.001.
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit "Burford Township Historical Society and Museum."
- Burford Township Historical SocietyEmail
Agency street/mail address
141 Harley Road, Harley, ON N0E 1E0