Burford United Church
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The Burford United Church was built in the 19th century. It was originally located on the southeast corner of Dufferin and William Streets; in 1902, it was moved to King St. & Alexander St. At this time it was also renovated to add a study wing in the west, replacing a gothic window.
Fire broke out in 2003, destroying the church despite the best efforts of firefighters. The accompanying image taken by Jim Havens shows the height of the fire. The church was later replaced by a new building.
The images are part of a collection of images depicting various buildings in Brant County that was contributed by Jim Havens.
- This item was originally donated to the County of Brant Public Library’s wiki website by the community member listed below. Its origins and authenticity are unverified by the County of Brant Public Library.
- Date of Publication
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1027046518311 Longitude: -80.4305541092682
- Provided by Jim Havens
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Burford United Church, Jim Havens Personal Collection
- County of Brant Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail addressCounty of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary