Cathcart General Store & Post Office
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This image is of the original Cathcart General Store & Post Office and is part of a collection of images depicting various buildings in Brant County that was contributed by Jim Havens.
- This item was originally donated to the County of Brant Public Library’s wiki website by the community member listed below. Its origins and authenticity are unverified by the County of Brant Public Library.
- CATHCART GENERAL STORE & POST OFFICE
THE PRESENT BUILDING WAS BUILT BY DAN
STEPHENSON IN 1956
J.E. STEPHENSON OPERATED THE
ORIGINAL STORE & POST OFFICE.
THIS PICTURE SHOWS THE HOUSE
AND STORE, AT THE BACK WAS
A COLD STORAGE LOCKER
CATHCART GENERAL STORE AND POST OFFICE
The present building was built by Dan Stephenson in 1956. J.E.
Stephenson operated the original store and post office with his two sons LLOYD and Dan. DAN's
widow carried on after his death in 1960. His daughter, Suzanne Thompson has been running the
store since 1976, the post office is still in operation. This picture shows the house and store, at the
back was a cold storage locker.
- Date of Publication:
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Provided by Jim Havens
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Cathcart General Store & Post Office, Jim Havens Personal Collection
County of Brant Public Library
Agency street/mail address
County of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary