Photograph of John Black
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This photograph depicts John Black. He was born on August 5, 1847 in Westmoreland, England. He emigrated to Canada in 1866 by working on a cattle boat during a seven week crossing. He then accompanied some of the cattle to Bowfank Farm, owned at that time by George Brown. John worked for Mr. Brown for four years before marrying Jane McLean of Newport. They rented the Ryersons farm on Salt Springs Church Road across from the church.
The original photograph was provided by Joyce Smith during a Scan & Share Day event held at the Onondaga Hall on January 14, 2012.
- Date of Original
- [ca. 1900]
Width: 6.8 cm
Height: 9.5 cm
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1168 Longitude: -80.11635
- From the Black Family Collection.
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Photograph of John Black, ca. 1900. Black Family Collection.
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit "The County of Brant Public Library".
- County of Brant Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail addressCounty of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary