Onondaga Post Office
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This photograph depicts the "new" Onondaga Post Office.
The post office was originally located in a wooden building that also accommodated a general store. In 1933, the store suffered a fire, and the post office was moved to the Masonic building across the street. The new building was erected in 1935 with a private post office entrance.
In 1943 both the store and post office were taken over by Gordon F. Dunsdon. His wife Muriel was appointed as postmaster. She served in this capacity until 1954.
The original photograph was provided by Joyce Smith during a Scan & Share Day event held at the Onondaga Hall on January 14, 2012.
- Date of Original:
- [ca. 1950s]
Width: 7.2 cm
Height: 7.2 cm
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Courtesy of the Brant Historical Society.
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Onondaga Post Office, ca. 1950s. Brant Historical Society.
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit "The County of Brant Public Library".
County of Brant Public Library
Agency street/mail address
County of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary