Hamilton Family Farm
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This photograph depicts Howard Hamilton of the Hamilton family in front of the brick house at 382 Salt Springs Church Road, Brantford, Ontario.
Alexander Young Hamilton came to Canada in 1844 and settled in the Township of Onondaga. The property was inherited by his son John Hamilton on July 24, 1875, and then by his grandson Alexander M. Hamilton on March 7, 1898.
Fred Hamilton, son of Alexander M., purchased the farm in 1969. He owned it with his daughter Norma and her husband James MacDonald.
The original photograph was provided by Norma McDonald (nee Hamilton) during a Scan & Share Day event held at the Onondaga Hall on February 11, 2012.
- Date of Original:
Width: 15 cm
Height: 10 cm
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Provided by Norma McDonald (nee Hamilton).
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation:
- Hamilton Family Farm, date unknown. Norma McDonald Personal Collection.
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit "The County of Brant Public Library".
County of Brant Public Library
Agency street/mail address
County of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary