Old View of the Hamilton House
- Mystery Question:
Do you know when this picture was taken?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This photograph depicts a house on the Hamilton's farm at 382 Salt Springs Church Road, Brantford, Ontario.
Alexander Young Hamilton came to Canada in 1844 and settled in the Township of Onondaga. He purchased three parcels of land, one on the north side of current Hwy. 54 and two on the south side of the Grand River.
The original photograph was provided by Norma McDonald during a Scan & Share Day event held at the Onondaga Hall on February 11, 2012.
- Date of Original:
Width: 19.5 cm
Height: 12 cm
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Provided by Norma McDonald.
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Old View of the Hamilton House, date unknown. Norma McDonald Personal Collection.
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit "The County of Brant Public Library".
County of Brant Public Library
Agency street/mail address
County of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary