Photograph of James Douglas
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This is a photograph of James Douglas of Onondaga Township.
Born in 1873, he was the son of William and Harriet Douglas. James was one of Canada’s leading Shorthorn breeders and carried on Willowbank Stock Farm in Onondaga Township, which was established in 1855 by his father, William Douglas.
James was educated at Middleport and Green’s Schools. He was twice married. His first wife, Isabella Sollitt, died in 1935. His second wife was Elizabeth May McMorran. He had two sons and two daughters: James Stanley, Clarence William, Lena and Pricilla.
James was made a Member of the British Empire in June 1943 for his outstanding service to his country in the promotion of Agriculture and Live Stock. He was presented his award by the Earl of Athlone, at a ceremony at Rideau Hall, Ottawa.
The original photograph was provided by Karen Richardson during a Scan & Share Day event held at the Onondaga Hall on January 14, 2012.
- Date of Original
Width: 13 cm
Height: 18.5 cm
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1168 Longitude: -80.11635
- Provided by Karen Richardson.
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Photograph of James Douglas, date unknown. The Douglas Family Collection.
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit "The County of Brant Public Library".
- County of Brant Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail addressCounty of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary