Photograph of John Kew
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This is a photograph John Kew.
John Kew was born in 1798 in Yorkshire, England. He emigrated to Canada in about 1820, where he took up a grant of land of the Village of Cainsville, near Brantford, Ontario. He raised a family of 10 children: Lucy, Charlotte (married name Butler), Sarah (married name Deagle), Emily (married name Lutz), Maria (married name Slaught), Henry (married Mary Hazel Hager), William, Arthur, George, and James.
Henry Kew was a blacksmith in the Village of Cainsville. He married Mary Hazel of the same district. Their first son John Lewis Kew was born 29 January 1858, followed by Esther, Alfred, Isaac, Adam, Sarah, Mary.
The original photo was provided by Calvin Hager during a Scan & Share Day event held at the Onondaga Hall on January 14, 2012.
- Date of Original:
Width: 19 cm
Height: 25 cm
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Provided by Calvin Hager.
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Photograph of John Kew, date unknown. The Hager Family Collection.
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit "The County of Brant Public Library".
County of Brant Public Library
Agency street/mail address
County of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary