Former Bruce's School in St. George
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This photograph depicts the former Bruce’s School S.S. No. 13, 1909, located at 98 McLean School Rd., St. George, Ont.
"This school was named for a successful Dublin University graduate, James Bruce who taught here for ten years. The first two schools on this site were of log and white brick respectively. Like many other one-room schoolhouses, it closed in 1961" (cited from "County of Brant: Heritage Driving tour", The County of Brant, 2006).
After closing, the school became a home of Mr. and Mrs. Spyker.
- Date of Original:
Width: 9 cm
Height: 9 cm
- Local identifier:
- South Dumfries Local History Collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation:
- Former Bruce's School in St. George, 1978. South Dumfries Local History Collection.
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit "The County of Brant Public Library."
County of Brant Public Library
Agency street/mail address
County of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary