Paris Plains Church
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This photograph shows the Paris Plains Church North of Paris, Ont., in the former South Dumfries Township.
The Church was built as the West Dumfries Wesleyan Chapel and dedicated in 1845 by the free labour of its own congregation with stones gathered from nearby fields. It has a cobblestone exterior. The building was restored in 1948 as a memorial to the pioneers of the community.
The original photo is held by the County of Brant Public Library.
- Date of Original:
- [ca. 1978]
Width: 9 cm
Height: 9 cm
- Local identifier:
- South Dumfries Local History Collection
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Recommended Citation:
- Paris Plains Church, ca. 1978. South Dumfries Local History Collection.
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit "The County of Brant Public Library."
County of Brant Public Library
Agency street/mail address
County of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary