Centennial Hall in Glen Morris
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This photograph depicts the Glen Morris Centennial Hall. Originally built in 1859 as a Methodist Church, it later became the property of the Independent Order of Foresters (IOF), and was subsequently purchased in 1913 by the Glen Morris Women's Institute. In 1965, the school board purchased the hall as an auxiliary classroom, but it became vacant following the addition of classrooms to the school. In 1966 South Dumfries Township Council approved converting the building into a community hall.
This photo was copied from the Glen Morris Tweedsmuir History. It was provided by Ann Gaunt during a Digital Preservation Days event (May 10-13, 2011) held by the County of Brant Public Library.
- Date of Original
- [ca. 1859]
Width: 13 cm
Height: 9 cm
- Local identifier
- Ann Gaunt Personal Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.2668 Longitude: -80.34967
- Provided by Ann Gaunt.
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Centennial Hall in Glen Morris, ca. 1859. Ann Gaunt Personal Collection.
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit "South Dumfries Historical Society."
- County of Brant Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail addressCounty of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary