Grand River Railway 848 Departs from Brantford
- Media Type
- Item Types
- This is photographic postcard depicting Grand River Ry. 848 departs from Brantford station.
The original postcard was provided by the Paris Museum and Historical Society.
- Inventory No. 1999.2665.01
Property of the Paris Museum and Historical Society.
- Grand River Ry. 848 departs from Brantford station for points on the Lake Erie & Northern Ry. No. 848 was from a group of nine cars built by Preston in 1921 for the 1500 volt GRR and LEBN which comprised Canadian Pacific’s small traction empire in southern Ontario. Car was retired with the cessation of passenger service – Apr 23/55.
Credit J. Wm. Hood for this July, 1948 view.
- Date of Original
- [ca. 1948]
Width: 14 cm
Height: 9 cm
- Local identifier
- Paris Museum Railway Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1668 Longitude: -80.29967
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Grand River Railway 848 departs from Brantford, photographic postcard, ca. 1948. Paris Museum and Historical Society, 1999.2665.01.
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit "Paris Museum and Historical Society."
- Paris Museum and Historical SocietyEmail
Agency street/mail address
Paris Museum and Historical Society
51 William Street, Paris, ON