Railway Accident at St. George Viaduct
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This photograph depicts a railway accident on December 27, 1889 at St. George Viaduct. The St. Louise Express, one of the fastest trains of the Grand Trunk Railway was crossing the viaduct at about 50 miles an hour when one of the engine's drive rods broke loose (Brantford Expositor, June 30, 1967, page 8c.).
- Inventory No. 2006.0033.23
Property of the Paris Museum and Historical Society.
- Date of Original
- 27 December 1889
Width: 22 cm
Height: 17 cm
- Local identifier
- Paris Museum Railway Collection
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.2501 Longitude: -80.24966
- Recommended Citation
- Photograph "Derailed train at St. George Viaduct", 1889. Paris Museum and Historical Society, No. 2006.0033.23.
- The information and images provided are for personal research only and are not to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this information should include the credit "Paris Museum and Historical Society."
- Paris Museum and Historical SocietyEmail
Agency street/mail address
Paris Museum and Historical Society
51 William Street, Paris, ON