Paris High School, 1929 - 1951
- Smith, Donald A., Author
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This 1974 book provides a very personal history of Paris High School. Author Donald A. Smith was a teacher and a principal there, and this memoir covers the years from 1929 - 1951 when he was most active there. He discusses his memories of the school and the many changes he saw, as well as many of the students who passed through the school in those years.
This book was never formally published, but was produced in a handmade edition of 4 or 5 copies. Copies were produced for each of his children, and one copy was produced for the Paris Public Library (now the County of Brant Public Library). The Library's copy has been available in the closed local history collection, but has not been widely circulated in the past. This online edition was produced from a scan of the Library's copy of the book.
- Place of Publication
- Paris, Ontario
- Date of Publication
- Local identifier
- CLOSED 373.391 347 SMI
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.20458 Longitude: -80.38532
- Provided by the descendants of D. A. Smith
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Copyright Holder
- Copyright held by the descendants of D. A. Smith
- Recommended Citation
- Smith, Donald A. (1974). Paris High School, 1929-1951. Paris, ON: Self-published.
- County of Brant Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail addressCounty of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary