Thomas and Mary Jane Hutchinson Lockyer, 1920
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This 1920 photograph shows Thomas Lockyer and his wife Mary Jane Hutchinson Lockyer on their farm in New Durham at Townline. Thomas was born March 13, 1854 in Devonshire, England; as an adult he worked as a tanner there before emigrating to Canada to become a farmer. He died April 30, 1927 and is buried in New Durham. Mary was born on October 5, 1854 in Norwich Gore and died December 18, 1932 in New Durham. A photo of their daughter Ethel Lockyer is also available in this collection and is linked to on the right.
This photo was provided by the Norwich and District Historical Society during the September 17th, 2010 Digitization Day held in Oakland, Ontario by the County of Brant Public Library. Do you have any historical items and are interested in helping preserve our county's history online? Contact the Paris Branch at (519) 442-2433 for more information.
- Date of Publication
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.0501 Longitude: -80.56639
- Provided by the Norwich and District Historical Society
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Date
- Recommended Citation
- Thomas and Mary Jane Hutchinson Lockyear, 1920, Norwich and District Historical Society
- County of Brant Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail addressCounty of Brant Public Library (Paris Branch)
12 William Street
N3L 1K7 | @brantlibrary