Almaguin Highlands Digital Collection

Results

We found
145
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • William and Lila Boettger Home, Magnetawan, 1942
    ImageText       36 BayStreet. East side Lot 13, Andrews, Street access from Bay Street This frame story and a half house was built for Mr. Schade and his family. The back piece was added some years later and Jim Mc Lachlan lived there for a while. Lila and William Boettger bought the ...
    ImageText     36 BayStreet. East side Lot 13, Andrews, Street access from Bay Street This frame story and a half house was built for Mr. Schade and his family. The back piece ...
  • Standard Chemical Company Camp #1, 1926
    Imagecomment       "S. C. Co - Camp #1 (1926)
    Imagecomment     "S. C. Co - Camp #1 (1926)
  • Women's Institute Group Photograph Taken in the Winter
    Image       Black and white photograph of a large group of women and children standing outside a wooden building in the winter.
    Image     Black and white photograph of a large group of women and children standing outside a wooden building in the winter.
  • The Magnetawan School, 1916
    Imagemystery       A black and white group photograph of the students of Magnetawan Public School, 1916. The students are arranged into three rows with a few students in the doorway and one hanging on to a flagpole. The picture was taken outside the school in the winter. The school is wooden and ...
    Imagemystery     A black and white group photograph of the students of Magnetawan Public School, 1916. The students are arranged into three rows with a few students in the doorway and one ...
  • Standard Chemical Company's Old Windigo Camps, 1924
    Imagecomment       "S. C. Co. Old Windigo Camps (1924/5)
    Imagecomment     "S. C. Co. Old Windigo Camps (1924/5)
  • Two Horses Pulling a Sled with Three Children Riding, circa 1920
    Imagemystery       Black and white photograph of two horses drawing a lumber sled with three children on the sled. The driver's a man. There's a man standing beside the horses on the left. There's an old wooden building behind them.
    Imagemystery     Black and white photograph of two horses drawing a lumber sled with three children on the sled. The driver's a man. There's a man standing beside the horses on the ...
  • Carroll Family at Eagle Lake, circa 1940
    Imagemystery       Black and white photograph of the Carroll family. It looks like there are three generations of the Carroll family in the picture. There is snow on the ground. There are trees in the background and a wooden building.
    Imagemystery     Black and white photograph of the Carroll family. It looks like there are three generations of the Carroll family in the picture. There is snow on the ground. There are ...
  • The Jail House, Magnetawan, circa 1940
    Image       At the bottom of the photograph there are two written lines. The first line has, 'Jail Magnetawan,' handwritten in blue pencil. The second line has, 'SITUATED NEAR THE DOCKS BELOW THE ANGLICAN CHURCH WAS BUILT BY THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO - ONLY ONE DOOR,' is handwritten in blue ink.
    Image     At the bottom of the photograph there are two written lines. The first line has, 'Jail Magnetawan,' handwritten in blue pencil. The second line has, 'SITUATED NEAR THE DOCKS BELOW ...
  • Magnetawan Post Office, circa 1920
    Image       Black and white photograph of the old Magnetawan Post Office. Its a two story wooden building. There are steps leading up to the entrance and a deck on either side of the entrance. There's a woman in a dress standing on the deck at the entrance of the Post Office.
    Image     Black and white photograph of the old Magnetawan Post Office. Its a two story wooden building. There are steps leading up to the entrance and a deck on either side ...
  • Brunner House in Winter
    Imagemystery       "THE BRUNNER HOUSE ORIGINALLY BUILT IN THE 1880s BY WILLIAM PARKS, ON LOT 149 CONCESSION A, LOUNT TOWNSHIP. PARKS SOLD TO JACOB REINHARDT, JACOB RESOLD AGAIN TO ALBIN HERMAN BUNNER AND HIS WIFE CLARA nee FAHRIG WHO CONTINUED TO RUN THE RYE POST OFFICE FROM THEIR HOME c 1940s DONATED ...
    Imagemystery     "THE BRUNNER HOUSE ORIGINALLY BUILT IN THE 1880s BY WILLIAM PARKS, ON LOT 149 CONCESSION A, LOUNT TOWNSHIP. PARKS SOLD TO JACOB REINHARDT, JACOB RESOLD AGAIN TO ALBIN HERMAN BUNNER ...
  • Wooden Burk's Falls Lock, circa 1900
    Image       Black and white photograph of an early wooden lock in Burk's Falls, on the Magnetawan River. There are open areas on the shore which features a few buildings. These buildings are likely farmhouses.
    Image     Black and white photograph of an early wooden lock in Burk's Falls, on the Magnetawan River. There are open areas on the shore which features a few buildings. These buildings ...
  • Maple Leaf School S. S. #7, Chetwynd Ontario, 1963
    Imagecomment       The caption at the bottom of the picture reads 'Maple Leaf School SS #7 Chetwynd, Ontario. Picture taken in 1963.'
    Imagecomment     The caption at the bottom of the picture reads 'Maple Leaf School SS #7 Chetwynd, Ontario. Picture taken in 1963.'
  • McKnight House, Magnetawan, circa 1940
    ImageText       On the Reverse of the page: "155 Sparks Street North, Lot 9. East side George McKnight built this house in 1913. Thelma Baird inherited the house and she rented to Mr. Paget at one time for the winter months. Mr. & Mrs. Allen Quick owned or rented the house in ...
    ImageText     On the Reverse of the page: "155 Sparks Street North, Lot 9. East side George McKnight built this house in 1913. Thelma Baird inherited the house and she rented to ...
  • House on Miller street, Magnetawan, circa 1983
    ImageText       At the top of the page: "Miller Street. East side, Lot 17, Plan 319" At the bottom of the page: "This half acre lot was obtained from the Crown on June 3, 1886 by William Elijah Kennedy. It was sold on June 23, 1893 to Margaret McArthur for $200, then ...
    ImageText     At the top of the page: "Miller Street. East side, Lot 17, Plan 319" At the bottom of the page: "This half acre lot was obtained from the Crown on ...
  • Joseph and Janie Nelson House, Magnetawan
    ImageText       At the top of the page: "Miller Street. West side, Lot 17, access from Albert Street" At the bottom of the page: "This house was built in 1945-48 by Joseph and Janie Nelson. It is constructed of double board frame. Remodeling and landscaping has been done since Les Grasley and ...
    ImageText     At the top of the page: "Miller Street. West side, Lot 17, access from Albert Street" At the bottom of the page: "This house was built in 1945-48 by Joseph ...
  • Andrew Street, Part lot 12 or 13, Magnetawan
    ImageText       Andrew Street, East side Part Lot 12 or 13, Access from Bay Street The former George Osborne house was sold to Ed Ross. The owner in 1998 is Wanda Lecuyer. The house was dismantled after years of no one living in it. A family by the name of Douglas once ...
    ImageText     Andrew Street, East side Part Lot 12 or 13, Access from Bay Street The former George Osborne house was sold to Ed Ross. The owner in 1998 is Wanda Lecuyer. ...
  • Dolly Osborne/McLaughlan House, Magnetawan
    ImageText       20 Bay Street, south side Murray and Pearl Osborne lived in this house for many years. It was originally a two story with insul brick siding. Dolly Osborne McLachlan owned it and for a long time it was used only in the summers. The top floor was removed and a ...
    ImageText     20 Bay Street, south side Murray and Pearl Osborne lived in this house for many years. It was originally a two story with insul brick siding. Dolly Osborne McLachlan owned ...
  • Cottrell Family Log Cabin, circa 1920
    Image       Handwritten on the back of the photograph: "Early Pioneer Cottrell home", "#2" & "Cottrell home."
    Image     Handwritten on the back of the photograph: "Early Pioneer Cottrell home", "#2" & "Cottrell home."
  • Bloomfield Church Group, circa 1910
    Image       Handwritten on the back of the photograph: "Bloomfield Church Group." & "courtesy Andy Jenkins."
    Image     Handwritten on the back of the photograph: "Bloomfield Church Group." & "courtesy Andy Jenkins."
  • Old Industry Buildings, Newspaper Clipping
    Textmystery       Black and white newspaper clipping with picture of the old industry in Sundridge. The buildings in the image were formerly owned by George Kent of Pevensky.
    Textmystery     Black and white newspaper clipping with picture of the old industry in Sundridge. The buildings in the image were formerly owned by George Kent of Pevensky.
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
Years
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit