Almaguin Highlands Digital Collection

Results

We found
82
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Railroad Tracks Going into Burk's Falls, circa 1940
    Image       Black and white photograph of a railroad track going into Burk's Falls past a factory. The factory is likely the Knight Brother's factory. In the foreground are three boxcars. This picture was taken in the winter.
    Image     Black and white photograph of a railroad track going into Burk's Falls past a factory. The factory is likely the Knight Brother's factory. In the foreground are three boxcars. This ...
  • Joe Nelson's House and Gordon Raaflauf's Hose, Magnetawan
    Image       Below the top photograph, 'Jos. Nelson's House - Built 1949,' written in marker. On the bottom photograph, 'The former Paget, Gordon Raaflaub's on Lot 10 Miller Street,' has been added.
    Image     Below the top photograph, 'Jos. Nelson's House - Built 1949,' written in marker. On the bottom photograph, 'The former Paget, Gordon Raaflaub's on Lot 10 Miller Street,' has been added.
  • The Wurm Farm, Magnetawan
    ImageText       The Wurm Farm Lot 26, 27 Con.3 Chapman Township Waterfront land on Con. 4 Julius Wurm came here from Kitchener, Ontario with his mother and stepfather, Mr.& Mrs. Wm. Hoerner, in 1877. When he turned 18 the next November, he obtained a grant for Lot 26, and the next year ...
    ImageText     The Wurm Farm Lot 26, 27 Con.3 Chapman Township Waterfront land on Con. 4 Julius Wurm came here from Kitchener, Ontario with his mother and stepfather, Mr.& Mrs. Wm. Hoerner, ...
  • 23 Bay Street, North Side, Magnetawan
    ImageText       23 Bay Street, North Side South side Lot 12, North side Lot 13, West side Church Street This two story frame house was built in 1940 by Bill Russell for Archie and Lillie King, Viola, Ray and Jack. New aluminum siding replaced the red insul brick. In her later years, ...
    ImageText     23 Bay Street, North Side South side Lot 12, North side Lot 13, West side Church Street This two story frame house was built in 1940 by Bill Russell for ...
  • House at 4252 Sparks Street North, Lot 9, East Side, Magnetawan
    ImageText       At the top of the page: "4252 Sparks Street North, Lot 9, East side" In between the two photos: "Main Street, Magnetawan, Ont." At the bottom of the page: "This house was built about 1909 by James Jenkins, who was a carpenter. It was later occupied by the Bill Lennox ...
    ImageText     At the top of the page: "4252 Sparks Street North, Lot 9, East side" In between the two photos: "Main Street, Magnetawan, Ont." At the bottom of the page: "This ...
  • Joseph and Janie Nelson House, Magnetawan
    ImageText       At the top of the page: "Miller Street. West side, Lot 17, access from Albert Street" At the bottom of the page: "This house was built in 1945-48 by Joseph and Janie Nelson. It is constructed of double board frame. Remodeling and landscaping has been done since Les Grasley and ...
    ImageText     At the top of the page: "Miller Street. West side, Lot 17, access from Albert Street" At the bottom of the page: "This house was built in 1945-48 by Joseph ...
  • 22 Bay Street, Magnetawan
    ImageText       22 Bay Street, south side Part Lot 7 This property belonged to Frank Osborne in the 1940s and he built two cottages on the lot. The property lines in this part of town seemed to be in question between Dolly McLaughlan and Frank, who were brother and sister and whose ...
    ImageText     22 Bay Street, south side Part Lot 7 This property belonged to Frank Osborne in the 1940s and he built two cottages on the lot. The property lines in this ...
  • Houses on Richmond Street
    ImageText       Richmond Street This photo was taken about 1900 looking across the river to the south shore. The building on the extreme left is on the larger Island owned by Taylor Lumber Company. The building at the top of the hill is St. Paul's Lutheran Church 1885-1913. The white house is ...
    ImageText     Richmond Street This photo was taken about 1900 looking across the river to the south shore. The building on the extreme left is on the larger Island owned by Taylor ...
  • Early and Modern Anglican Churches, Magnetawan, circa 1920 and 1997
    Image       Written in the middle of the photograph, 'ANGLICAN CHURCH 1997,' is handwritten.
    Image     Written in the middle of the photograph, 'ANGLICAN CHURCH 1997,' is handwritten.
  • T. J. Daly House, built circa 1925
    ImageText       Biddy Street North East Side, Lot D Across from Highway 520 Tom Daley Sr. built this house after the original house burned in 1959. It is a one story frame building on a full basement. After Tom died his daughter Nancy Holborn owns the house and rents it out. Dan ...
    ImageText     Biddy Street North East Side, Lot D Across from Highway 520 Tom Daley Sr. built this house after the original house burned in 1959. It is a one story frame ...
  • Biddy Street North Lot 10, West side, Magnetawan
    ImageText       At the top of the photo: Biddy Street North Lot 10, West side Across from Biddy and Highway 520 At the bottom of the photo: Magnetawan Garage was built and operated by Tommy Miller in 1934 - 1959 when he sold to Joe Bernas and his brother-in-law Gord Molnor. Later, ...
    ImageText     At the top of the photo: Biddy Street North Lot 10, West side Across from Biddy and Highway 520 At the bottom of the photo: Magnetawan Garage was built and ...
  • Family Home at 4271 Sparks Street North, Magnetawan
    ImageText       4271 Sparks Street North South Part Lot 7, West side Francis and Ellen Stewart built this retirement home in 1925, when they sold the farm to Dave. After their deaths, the house belonged to three sons - Bill, Tom and John. Bill lived here after the war until his death ...
    ImageText     4271 Sparks Street North South Part Lot 7, West side Francis and Ellen Stewart built this retirement home in 1925, when they sold the farm to Dave. After their deaths, ...
  • Sketch of Snow-Covered Abandoned Barn
    Image       Handwritten in the bottom right corner is the artist's signature, “Steven Schamehoen.”
    Image     Handwritten in the bottom right corner is the artist's signature, “Steven Schamehoen.”
  • Pencil Sketch of a Snow-Covered Home, 1978
    Imagemystery       Handwritten at the bottom of the sketch in the middle: "November 30, 1978."
    Imagemystery     Handwritten at the bottom of the sketch in the middle: "November 30, 1978."
  • Bird's Eye View of Burk's Falls, circa 1920
    Image       In the upper right corner 'Bird's Eye View, Burk's Falls, Ont.' is written in red.
    Image     In the upper right corner 'Bird's Eye View, Burk's Falls, Ont.' is written in red.
  • Two Buildings in Logging Camp, circa 1930
    Image       Black and white photograph of two buildings in in the local lumber camp. This photograph was taken in the winter, as there is plenty of snow on the ground.
    Image     Black and white photograph of two buildings in in the local lumber camp. This photograph was taken in the winter, as there is plenty of snow on the ground.
  • Stacks of Logs, Arthur and Harry Marsden's Farm, circa 1930
    Imagemystery       Black and white photograph of a large stack of logs located on the Marsden's farm. The logs are covered in snow, and located in the middle of a forest.
    Imagemystery     Black and white photograph of a large stack of logs located on the Marsden's farm. The logs are covered in snow, and located in the middle of a forest.
  • Burk's Falls in Winter, circa 1910
    Image       Black and white photograph of Burk's Falls in winter. In the foreground there is a field with a stacked pile of wood and a long wooden fence. In the background is the village.
    Image     Black and white photograph of Burk's Falls in winter. In the foreground there is a field with a stacked pile of wood and a long wooden fence. In the background ...
  • The Central Hotel,Burk's Falls, Winter of 1945
    Image       The caption at the bottom of the image reads 'Central Hotel, Burk's Falls, in the winter of 1945.'
    Image     The caption at the bottom of the image reads 'Central Hotel, Burk's Falls, in the winter of 1945.'
  • Towering Snow Drift in Burk's Falls, circa 1920
    Image       The caption at the bottom of the image has 'Before the 60's, Burk's Falls had no way of removing the accumulated snow banks from the streets. The businesses had to contend with digging themselves out to allow customers in' written.
    Image     The caption at the bottom of the image has 'Before the 60's, Burk's Falls had no way of removing the accumulated snow banks from the streets. The businesses had to ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
Years
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit