Almaguin Highlands Digital Collection

Results

We found
141
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • 22 Bay Street, Magnetawan
    ImageText       22 Bay Street, south side Part Lot 7 This property belonged to Frank Osborne in the 1940s and he built two cottages on the lot. The property lines in this part of town seemed to be in question between Dolly McLaughlan and Frank, who were brother and sister and whose ...
    ImageText     22 Bay Street, south side Part Lot 7 This property belonged to Frank Osborne in the 1940s and he built two cottages on the lot. The property lines in this ...
  • Houses on Richmond Street
    ImageText       Richmond Street This photo was taken about 1900 looking across the river to the south shore. The building on the extreme left is on the larger Island owned by Taylor Lumber Company. The building at the top of the hill is St. Paul's Lutheran Church 1885-1913. The white house is ...
    ImageText     Richmond Street This photo was taken about 1900 looking across the river to the south shore. The building on the extreme left is on the larger Island owned by Taylor ...
  • T. J. Daly House, built circa 1925
    ImageText       Biddy Street North East Side, Lot D Across from Highway 520 Tom Daley Sr. built this house after the original house burned in 1959. It is a one story frame building on a full basement. After Tom died his daughter Nancy Holborn owns the house and rents it out. Dan ...
    ImageText     Biddy Street North East Side, Lot D Across from Highway 520 Tom Daley Sr. built this house after the original house burned in 1959. It is a one story frame ...
  • Joe Nelson's House and Gordon Raaflauf's Hose, Magnetawan
    Image       Below the top photograph, 'Jos. Nelson's House - Built 1949,' written in marker. On the bottom photograph, 'The former Paget, Gordon Raaflaub's on Lot 10 Miller Street,' has been added.
    Image     Below the top photograph, 'Jos. Nelson's House - Built 1949,' written in marker. On the bottom photograph, 'The former Paget, Gordon Raaflaub's on Lot 10 Miller Street,' has been added.
  • 23 Bay Street, North Side, Magnetawan
    ImageText       23 Bay Street, North Side South side Lot 12, North side Lot 13, West side Church Street This two story frame house was built in 1940 by Bill Russell for Archie and Lillie King, Viola, Ray and Jack. New aluminum siding replaced the red insul brick. In her later years, ...
    ImageText     23 Bay Street, North Side South side Lot 12, North side Lot 13, West side Church Street This two story frame house was built in 1940 by Bill Russell for ...
  • House at 4252 Sparks Street North, Lot 9, East Side, Magnetawan
    ImageText       At the top of the page: "4252 Sparks Street North, Lot 9, East side" In between the two photos: "Main Street, Magnetawan, Ont." At the bottom of the page: "This house was built about 1909 by James Jenkins, who was a carpenter. It was later occupied by the Bill Lennox ...
    ImageText     At the top of the page: "4252 Sparks Street North, Lot 9, East side" In between the two photos: "Main Street, Magnetawan, Ont." At the bottom of the page: "This ...
  • Joseph and Janie Nelson House, Magnetawan
    ImageText       At the top of the page: "Miller Street. West side, Lot 17, access from Albert Street" At the bottom of the page: "This house was built in 1945-48 by Joseph and Janie Nelson. It is constructed of double board frame. Remodeling and landscaping has been done since Les Grasley and ...
    ImageText     At the top of the page: "Miller Street. West side, Lot 17, access from Albert Street" At the bottom of the page: "This house was built in 1945-48 by Joseph ...
  • Early and Modern Anglican Churches, Magnetawan, circa 1920 and 1997
    Image       Written in the middle of the photograph, 'ANGLICAN CHURCH 1997,' is handwritten.
    Image     Written in the middle of the photograph, 'ANGLICAN CHURCH 1997,' is handwritten.
  • Biddy Street North Lot 10, West side, Magnetawan
    ImageText       At the top of the photo: Biddy Street North Lot 10, West side Across from Biddy and Highway 520 At the bottom of the photo: Magnetawan Garage was built and operated by Tommy Miller in 1934 - 1959 when he sold to Joe Bernas and his brother-in-law Gord Molnor. Later, ...
    ImageText     At the top of the photo: Biddy Street North Lot 10, West side Across from Biddy and Highway 520 At the bottom of the photo: Magnetawan Garage was built and ...
  • Family Home at 4271 Sparks Street North, Magnetawan
    ImageText       4271 Sparks Street North South Part Lot 7, West side Francis and Ellen Stewart built this retirement home in 1925, when they sold the farm to Dave. After their deaths, the house belonged to three sons - Bill, Tom and John. Bill lived here after the war until his death ...
    ImageText     4271 Sparks Street North South Part Lot 7, West side Francis and Ellen Stewart built this retirement home in 1925, when they sold the farm to Dave. After their deaths, ...
  • The Wurm Farm, Magnetawan
    ImageText       The Wurm Farm Lot 26, 27 Con.3 Chapman Township Waterfront land on Con. 4 Julius Wurm came here from Kitchener, Ontario with his mother and stepfather, Mr.& Mrs. Wm. Hoerner, in 1877. When he turned 18 the next November, he obtained a grant for Lot 26, and the next year ...
    ImageText     The Wurm Farm Lot 26, 27 Con.3 Chapman Township Waterfront land on Con. 4 Julius Wurm came here from Kitchener, Ontario with his mother and stepfather, Mr.& Mrs. Wm. Hoerner, ...
  • Burk's Falls Ont. West Side of Town
    Image       Colour illustrated postcard of the village of Burk's Falls from the west side of town. In the foreground there's a factory with lumber in its yard, possibly the Knight Brother's Factory. Behind the factory is the Magnetawan River. Across the river are houses. On the back of the postcard is ...
    Image     Colour illustrated postcard of the village of Burk's Falls from the west side of town. In the foreground there's a factory with lumber in its yard, possibly the Knight Brother's ...
  • Wooden Water Dam, Magnetawan, circa 1900
    Image       Black and white photograph of the first dam built on the Magnetawan River, which was built between 1885 -1886. There is water overflowing the damn and there's a foot bridge over the river. In the background there's a home.
    Image     Black and white photograph of the first dam built on the Magnetawan River, which was built between 1885 -1886. There is water overflowing the damn and there's a foot bridge ...
  • Magnetawan River and Steamboat Line Purser's Ticket, 1928
    Text       A ticket from the Magnetawan Rivers Lakes Steamboat Lines. This ticket was most likely for the Armour. The ticket was meant to be punched to determine the date, the fare and the destination. The ticket is divided into four columns. The first column on the left is for the fare. ...
    Text     A ticket from the Magnetawan Rivers Lakes Steamboat Lines. This ticket was most likely for the Armour. The ticket was meant to be punched to determine the date, the fare ...
  • Closed Magnetawan Locks, circa 1920
    Image       On the back of the photograph, 'MAG LOCKS.,' is handwritten in pencil.
    Image     On the back of the photograph, 'MAG LOCKS.,' is handwritten in pencil.
  • Jim McAmmond Catching Fish Bare Handed, circa 1950
    Image       On the back of the photograph, "Jim & I cataching fish for our freezer, we don't need lines just pick them out. 1950's," is handwritten in pencil.
    Image     On the back of the photograph, "Jim & I cataching fish for our freezer, we don't need lines just pick them out. 1950's," is handwritten in pencil.
  • Flooded Cabin on Maple Island, 1922
    Image       On the back of the photograph, "flood at Maple Island 1922," is handwritten in blue ink.
    Image     On the back of the photograph, "flood at Maple Island 1922," is handwritten in blue ink.
  • Wooden Dam at Burk's Falls, circa 1930
    Image       The caption at the bottom of the image reads 'This photo from the Warner collection shows Ernie Warner atop the wooden dam at Burk's Falls. The Wooden dam was replaced by a concrete dam completed in 1947.'
    Image     The caption at the bottom of the image reads 'This photo from the Warner collection shows Ernie Warner atop the wooden dam at Burk's Falls. The Wooden dam was replaced ...
  • The Armour with its Deck Loaded with People, circa 1920
    Image       On the side of the boat 'ARMOUR' is painted.
    Image     On the side of the boat 'ARMOUR' is painted.
  • The Magnetawan Locks, circa 1906
    Image       At the bottom in the centre 'The Locks, Magnetawan Ont.' is written in black.
    Image     At the bottom in the centre 'The Locks, Magnetawan Ont.' is written in black.
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit