Almaguin Highlands Digital Collection

Results

We found
25
matching items
Contributors
Magnetawan Public Library
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Wooden Water Dam, Magnetawan, circa 1900
    Image       Black and white photograph of the first dam built on the Magnetawan River, which was built between 1885 -1886. There is water overflowing the damn and there's a foot bridge over the river. In the background there's a home.
    Image     Black and white photograph of the first dam built on the Magnetawan River, which was built between 1885 -1886. There is water overflowing the damn and there's a foot bridge ...
  • Magnetawan River and Steamboat Line Purser's Ticket, 1928
    Text       A ticket from the Magnetawan Rivers Lakes Steamboat Lines. This ticket was most likely for the Armour. The ticket was meant to be punched to determine the date, the fare and the destination. The ticket is divided into four columns. The first column on the left is for the fare. ...
    Text     A ticket from the Magnetawan Rivers Lakes Steamboat Lines. This ticket was most likely for the Armour. The ticket was meant to be punched to determine the date, the fare ...
  • Closed Magnetawan Locks, circa 1920
    Image       On the back of the photograph, 'MAG LOCKS.,' is handwritten in pencil.
    Image     On the back of the photograph, 'MAG LOCKS.,' is handwritten in pencil.
  • Magnetawan Lock, 1890
    Image       A black and white photograph of the top of the Magnetawan locks. The photo shows the lock full of water. In the background shows buildings along the water in the village.
    Image     A black and white photograph of the top of the Magnetawan locks. The photo shows the lock full of water. In the background shows buildings along the water in the ...
  • Lighthouse on Lake Cecebe
    Image       Written on the bottom of the page "Original Lighthouse". There's also an illegible postmark.
    Image     Written on the bottom of the page "Original Lighthouse". There's also an illegible postmark.
  • View of the Village of Magnetawan, 1918
    Image       In the lower right corner of the photograph, "1918," is handwritten.
    Image     In the lower right corner of the photograph, "1918," is handwritten.
  • Distress Bridge, Near Magnetawan, circa 1920
    Image       On the front of the photograph along the bottom, "DISTRESS BRIDGE, NEAR MAGNETAWAN, ONTARIO" is typed by the manufacturer of the postcard.
    Image     On the front of the photograph along the bottom, "DISTRESS BRIDGE, NEAR MAGNETAWAN, ONTARIO" is typed by the manufacturer of the postcard.
  • West Street South, Magnetawan
    ImageText       West Street South East side, Lots 21, 22, 23, 24 Fran-Ru Frank and Ruth Fairbrother, hence the name "Fran-Ru", built this as a summer resort in 1946. There were a few cabins they rented out as well as the main lodge. Some say Mr. & Mrs. Walker built and sold ...
    ImageText     West Street South East side, Lots 21, 22, 23, 24 Fran-Ru Frank and Ruth Fairbrother, hence the name "Fran-Ru", built this as a summer resort in 1946. There were a ...
  • The Armour Pulling into the Boat Lock, circa 1905
    Image       Black and white photograph of the Armour steamship coming up to the locks in Magnetawan. In the background the village can be seen. The Armour is entering at the low end of the lock. Once inside it will be raised and then it will continue its trip.
    Image     Black and white photograph of the Armour steamship coming up to the locks in Magnetawan. In the background the village can be seen. The Armour is entering at the low ...
  • The Glenada with Passengers, Magnetawan River, circa 1930
    Image       'Glenada' is written, both, on the side of the boat and on the flag on the bow of the ship.
    Image     'Glenada' is written, both, on the side of the boat and on the flag on the bow of the ship.
  • Young Couple Sitting on a Dock, circa 1920
    Image       A black &andwhite photograph of a young couple sitting on a dock in their bathing suits. Behind the couple on the left side of the dock is a rock. In the distance a hill with a forest on it can be seen.
    Image     A black &andwhite photograph of a young couple sitting on a dock in their bathing suits. Behind the couple on the left side of the dock is a rock. In ...
  • Young Woman Driving a Motorboat, circa 1920
    Image       A black and white photograph of three people driving in a motorboat. The seating in the boat is divided into two rows. In the front row there is a woman driving the boat with a large steering wheel. In the back row is a man and a woman. On the ...
    Image     A black and white photograph of three people driving in a motorboat. The seating in the boat is divided into two rows. In the front row there is a woman ...
  • The Steamer 'Armour' at Young's Wharf, Ahmic Lake, Near Magnetawan, circa 1920
    Image       On the front of the photograph along th bottom, "STEAMER 'ARMOUR' AT YOUNG'S WHARF, AHMIC LAKE, NEAR MAGNETAWAN, ONTARIO," is typed by the manufacturer of the postcard.
    Image     On the front of the photograph along th bottom, "STEAMER 'ARMOUR' AT YOUNG'S WHARF, AHMIC LAKE, NEAR MAGNETAWAN, ONTARIO," is typed by the manufacturer of the postcard.
  • Armour Steamboat Sitting at a Dock with People Boarding, circa 1930
    Image       Black and white photograph of the Armour sitting at a dock in a rural setting. There are people lined up at the dock waiting to get on to the Armour. On the dock there is a flag pole with a Union Jack flag on it.
    Image     Black and white photograph of the Armour sitting at a dock in a rural setting. There are people lined up at the dock waiting to get on to the Armour. ...
  • Magnetawan from a Distance, 1938
    Image       On the front of the picture at the bottom, '1938,' is handwritten in blue ink. On the back of the photograph, 'vacation 1938,' is handwritten in pencil.
    Image     On the front of the picture at the bottom, '1938,' is handwritten in blue ink. On the back of the photograph, 'vacation 1938,' is handwritten in pencil.
  • Houses on Richmond Street
    ImageText       Richmond Street This photo was taken about 1900 looking across the river to the south shore. The building on the extreme left is on the larger Island owned by Taylor Lumber Company. The building at the top of the hill is St. Paul's Lutheran Church 1885-1913. The white house is ...
    ImageText     Richmond Street This photo was taken about 1900 looking across the river to the south shore. The building on the extreme left is on the larger Island owned by Taylor ...
  • 22 Bay Street, Magnetawan
    ImageText       22 Bay Street, south side Part Lot 7 This property belonged to Frank Osborne in the 1940s and he built two cottages on the lot. The property lines in this part of town seemed to be in question between Dolly McLaughlan and Frank, who were brother and sister and whose ...
    ImageText     22 Bay Street, south side Part Lot 7 This property belonged to Frank Osborne in the 1940s and he built two cottages on the lot. The property lines in this ...
  • Cedar Croft Fishermen's Race, circa 1920
    Image       Along the bottom if the image, 'CEDAR CROFT FISHERMEN'S RACE (An annual event that is closely contested each year),' was added by the manufacturer.
    Image     Along the bottom if the image, 'CEDAR CROFT FISHERMEN'S RACE (An annual event that is closely contested each year),' was added by the manufacturer.
  • A Cottage at the Waters Edge, circa 1910
    Imagemystery       Black and white photograph of a cabin just off a body of water. There is a dock on the water and a canoe pulled up on the shore. The cabin is nestled in the forest. The cabin is a one floor wooden structure with an attic space or a loft. ...
    Imagemystery     Black and white photograph of a cabin just off a body of water. There is a dock on the water and a canoe pulled up on the shore. The cabin ...
  • The Night Boat, Camp Chemong, Magnetawan, 1925
    Image       Black and white photographic postcard of the Armour passing Camp Chemong at the entrance to Ahmic Lake, 1925. There is a small dock with a flagpole in the middle of the photograph. The picture was taken from the shore looking out at the river. The picture is bordered by trees.
    Image     Black and white photographic postcard of the Armour passing Camp Chemong at the entrance to Ahmic Lake, 1925. There is a small dock with a flagpole in the middle of ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
Years
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit