Almaguin Highlands Digital Collection

Results

We found
6
matching items
Media Types
Text  
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Magnetawan River and Steamboat Line Purser's Ticket, 1928
    Text       A ticket from the Magnetawan Rivers Lakes Steamboat Lines. This ticket was most likely for the Armour. The ticket was meant to be punched to determine the date, the fare and the destination. The ticket is divided into four columns. The first column on the left is for the fare. ...
    Text     A ticket from the Magnetawan Rivers Lakes Steamboat Lines. This ticket was most likely for the Armour. The ticket was meant to be punched to determine the date, the fare ...
  • Newspaper clipping about 'The Ark', circa 1910.
    ImageText       Black and white photograph of a newspaper article on 'The Ark.' The Ark was a cabin on a barge used by loggers. The Ark enabled loggers to stay out in the wilderness and keep putting logs into the river.
    ImageText     Black and white photograph of a newspaper article on 'The Ark.' The Ark was a cabin on a barge used by loggers. The Ark enabled loggers to stay out in ...
  • West Street South, Magnetawan
    ImageText       West Street South East side, Lots 21, 22, 23, 24 Fran-Ru Frank and Ruth Fairbrother, hence the name "Fran-Ru", built this as a summer resort in 1946. There were a few cabins they rented out as well as the main lodge. Some say Mr. & Mrs. Walker built and sold ...
    ImageText     West Street South East side, Lots 21, 22, 23, 24 Fran-Ru Frank and Ruth Fairbrother, hence the name "Fran-Ru", built this as a summer resort in 1946. There were a ...
  • Houses on Richmond Street
    ImageText       Richmond Street This photo was taken about 1900 looking across the river to the south shore. The building on the extreme left is on the larger Island owned by Taylor Lumber Company. The building at the top of the hill is St. Paul's Lutheran Church 1885-1913. The white house is ...
    ImageText     Richmond Street This photo was taken about 1900 looking across the river to the south shore. The building on the extreme left is on the larger Island owned by Taylor ...
  • 22 Bay Street, Magnetawan
    ImageText       22 Bay Street, south side Part Lot 7 This property belonged to Frank Osborne in the 1940s and he built two cottages on the lot. The property lines in this part of town seemed to be in question between Dolly McLaughlan and Frank, who were brother and sister and whose ...
    ImageText     22 Bay Street, south side Part Lot 7 This property belonged to Frank Osborne in the 1940s and he built two cottages on the lot. The property lines in this ...
  • T. J. Daly House, built circa 1925
    ImageText       Biddy Street North East Side, Lot D Across from Highway 520 Tom Daley Sr. built this house after the original house burned in 1959. It is a one story frame building on a full basement. After Tom died his daughter Nancy Holborn owns the house and rents it out. Dan ...
    ImageText     Biddy Street North East Side, Lot D Across from Highway 520 Tom Daley Sr. built this house after the original house burned in 1959. It is a one story frame ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
Years
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit