Almaguin Highlands Digital Collection

Results

We found
84
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Brunner House in Winter
    Imagemystery       "THE BRUNNER HOUSE ORIGINALLY BUILT IN THE 1880s BY WILLIAM PARKS, ON LOT 149 CONCESSION A, LOUNT TOWNSHIP. PARKS SOLD TO JACOB REINHARDT, JACOB RESOLD AGAIN TO ALBIN HERMAN BUNNER AND HIS WIFE CLARA nee FAHRIG WHO CONTINUED TO RUN THE RYE POST OFFICE FROM THEIR HOME c 1940s DONATED ...
    Imagemystery     "THE BRUNNER HOUSE ORIGINALLY BUILT IN THE 1880s BY WILLIAM PARKS, ON LOT 149 CONCESSION A, LOUNT TOWNSHIP. PARKS SOLD TO JACOB REINHARDT, JACOB RESOLD AGAIN TO ALBIN HERMAN BUNNER ...
  • Early Days of Camp We-na-nak, circa 1920
    Image       Above the entrance is a sign with, 'CAMP WE-NA-NAK,' is painted.
    Image     Above the entrance is a sign with, 'CAMP WE-NA-NAK,' is painted.
  • McKnight House, Magnetawan, circa 1940
    ImageText       On the Reverse of the page: "155 Sparks Street North, Lot 9. East side George McKnight built this house in 1913. Thelma Baird inherited the house and she rented to Mr. Paget at one time for the winter months. Mr. & Mrs. Allen Quick owned or rented the house in ...
    ImageText     On the Reverse of the page: "155 Sparks Street North, Lot 9. East side George McKnight built this house in 1913. Thelma Baird inherited the house and she rented to ...
  • House on Miller street, Magnetawan, circa 1983
    ImageText       At the top of the page: "Miller Street. East side, Lot 17, Plan 319" At the bottom of the page: "This half acre lot was obtained from the Crown on June 3, 1886 by William Elijah Kennedy. It was sold on June 23, 1893 to Margaret McArthur for $200, then ...
    ImageText     At the top of the page: "Miller Street. East side, Lot 17, Plan 319" At the bottom of the page: "This half acre lot was obtained from the Crown on ...
  • Joseph and Janie Nelson House, Magnetawan
    ImageText       At the top of the page: "Miller Street. West side, Lot 17, access from Albert Street" At the bottom of the page: "This house was built in 1945-48 by Joseph and Janie Nelson. It is constructed of double board frame. Remodeling and landscaping has been done since Les Grasley and ...
    ImageText     At the top of the page: "Miller Street. West side, Lot 17, access from Albert Street" At the bottom of the page: "This house was built in 1945-48 by Joseph ...
  • Pencil Sketch of a Stone House, 1978
    Image       Pencil sketch of a two-story stone home. In the center of the home is a three story tower with windows in each level. In front of the house is a porch. The home is located on a hill and there is a stone staircase leading from the driveway to the ...
    Image     Pencil sketch of a two-story stone home. In the center of the home is a three story tower with windows in each level. In front of the house is a ...
  • 4275 Sparks Street North, Magnetawan
    ImageText       Written on the back L. to R. Dr. Freeborns, Troyers, Orange Hall, about 1930, 1929 4275 Sparks Street North North half, Lot 7, South half, Lot 6, West side Dr. Freeborn built this house about 1910 on land that originally belonged to the Irwin-Stewart farm. He ran his medical practice ...
    ImageText     Written on the back L. to R. Dr. Freeborns, Troyers, Orange Hall, about 1930, 1929 4275 Sparks Street North North half, Lot 7, South half, Lot 6, West side Dr. ...
  • Family Home, Sparks Street North Lot 6, Magnetawan
    ImageText       Sparks Street North North half, Lot 6 J. Wilfred Troyer built this house for his family in 1915. It is a two story brick house with attic and a basement. Ted and Vickie Nelson bought the property in 1954 or 55. When they were no longer able to care for ...
    ImageText     Sparks Street North North half, Lot 6 J. Wilfred Troyer built this house for his family in 1915. It is a two story brick house with attic and a basement. ...
  • Findley Lloyd, Howard Kelly Jr., Fritz Kelly, Byrom Hilliard, and Edmund Kelly, circa 1930
    Image       A black and white photograph of five men standing in front of a home with a porch. One of the men has a crutch under his arm.
    Image     A black and white photograph of five men standing in front of a home with a porch. One of the men has a crutch under his arm.
  • Family Home at 4271 Sparks Street North, Magnetawan
    ImageText       4271 Sparks Street North South Part Lot 7, West side Francis and Ellen Stewart built this retirement home in 1925, when they sold the farm to Dave. After their deaths, the house belonged to three sons - Bill, Tom and John. Bill lived here after the war until his death ...
    ImageText     4271 Sparks Street North South Part Lot 7, West side Francis and Ellen Stewart built this retirement home in 1925, when they sold the farm to Dave. After their deaths, ...
  • Mr. N. E. Duval's Before it was Torn Down in 1982
    Image       Black and white photograph of N. E. Duval's home. It's a two-story farmhouse. The windows don't have any glass in them. There's a porch on the main floor. There's a fence on the right side. There's a barn in the background.
    Image     Black and white photograph of N. E. Duval's home. It's a two-story farmhouse. The windows don't have any glass in them. There's a porch on the main floor. There's a ...
  • Cottrell Family Homestead, circa 1920
    Image       Handwritten on the back of the photograph: "#3" & "Cottrell Farm."
    Image     Handwritten on the back of the photograph: "#3" & "Cottrell Farm."
  • The Carter House, circa 1900
    Image       On the reverse: "Carter home.", "McKeen?" & "from Pat Embleton."
    Image     On the reverse: "Carter home.", "McKeen?" & "from Pat Embleton."
  • Sketch of Snow-Covered Abandoned Barn
    Image       Handwritten in the bottom right corner is the artist's signature, “Steven Schamehoen.”
    Image     Handwritten in the bottom right corner is the artist's signature, “Steven Schamehoen.”
  • Pencil Sketch of a Snow-Covered Home, 1978
    Imagemystery       Handwritten at the bottom of the sketch in the middle: "November 30, 1978."
    Imagemystery     Handwritten at the bottom of the sketch in the middle: "November 30, 1978."
  • St. Andrew's Anglican Church, Dunchurch, 1896
    Imagemysterycomment       In the lower right corner, "ANGLICAN CHURCH, DUNCHURCH, ON," was added by scratching the negative. On the the back of the picture, "CHURCH DUNCHURCH 1896 LOT 60 CON A HAGERMAN ST ANDREWS ANGLICAN," is handwritten.
    Imagemysterycomment     In the lower right corner, "ANGLICAN CHURCH, DUNCHURCH, ON," was added by scratching the negative. On the the back of the picture, "CHURCH DUNCHURCH 1896 LOT 60 CON A HAGERMAN ...
  • William and Lila Boettger Home, Magnetawan, 1942
    ImageText       36 BayStreet. East side Lot 13, Andrews, Street access from Bay Street This frame story and a half house was built for Mr. Schade and his family. The back piece was added some years later and Jim Mc Lachlan lived there for a while. Lila and William Boettger bought the ...
    ImageText     36 BayStreet. East side Lot 13, Andrews, Street access from Bay Street This frame story and a half house was built for Mr. Schade and his family. The back piece ...
  • The Orange Hall, Magnetawan
    ImageText       4289 Sparks Street North IRWIN HAD A SMALL SHOP FOR BIKES BETWEEN ORANGE HALL & TROYERS ABOUT 1908 South half, Lot 5, West side Before this Orange Lodge was built in 1913 -14, the LOL 502 met somewhere at the corner of Sparks and Burrows, then at Lot 11 Bay ...
    ImageText     4289 Sparks Street North IRWIN HAD A SMALL SHOP FOR BIKES BETWEEN ORANGE HALL & TROYERS ABOUT 1908 South half, Lot 5, West side Before this Orange Lodge was built ...
  • Bird's Eye View of Burk's Falls, circa 1920
    Image       In the upper right corner 'Bird's Eye View, Burk's Falls, Ont.' is written in red.
    Image     In the upper right corner 'Bird's Eye View, Burk's Falls, Ont.' is written in red.
  • Two Buildings in Logging Camp, circa 1930
    Image       Black and white photograph of two buildings in in the local lumber camp. This photograph was taken in the winter, as there is plenty of snow on the ground.
    Image     Black and white photograph of two buildings in in the local lumber camp. This photograph was taken in the winter, as there is plenty of snow on the ground.
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
Years
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit